Physical Therapist Inpatient - Bridgton Hospital
At Central Maine Healthcare our team members are committed to providing exceptional care and experiences for our community and for each other every day.
The well-rounded physical therapy team at Bridgton Hospital is growing! This position makes a direct positive impact on the Lakes Region community by providing physical therapy services to Bridgton Hospital’s inpatient population. You will contribute to Central Maine Healthcare’s commitment to affordable, world-class care while receiving professional development opportunities, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
What You’ll Do
- Evaluate inpatients and develop a comprehensive treatment plan to restore these patients to their maximum functional potential, according to acceptable principles and practices of physical therapy.
- Direct therapeutic intervention for the restoration of patient’s functioning to prevent disability following injury, disease, or physical disability.
- Provide care to patients in the acute care setting. This includes the ED, med-surg, swing-bed (rehab) and SCU. There is also opportunity for cross-training in an outpatient setting if desired.
- Assist patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
- Collaborate as a member of the healthcare team for the provision of comprehensive patient care.
- Maintain consistent with training and competency review, including regulatory requirements such as JCAHO (if applicable), and state and federal regulations and standards.
- Coordinate, delegate and supervise responsibilities assigned to assistants, aides, etc.
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Flexibility, organization and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to identify and respectfully address psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Ability to meet current documentation standards and policies in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
Requirements and Qualifications for the Position
- Current State Physical Therapy Licensure.
- Current BCLS certification.
Recent graduates are welcome to apply!
What It’s Like Working at CMH
- CMH provides support to participate in continuing education opportunities, helping our team members achieve their own goals while helping patients achieve theirs.
- Therapists gain exposure in multiple areas and specialties to develop a well-rounded skillset.
- Every physical therapy patient visit is a one-on-one session to provide attentive, personalized care.
- Bridgton Hospital provides the ability to provide both inpatient and outpatient services.
- Therapy teams across the CMH system work closely together to provide additional resources, support and training.
- A mixture of veteran and recently graduated therapists promotes a skillful and diverse environment.
- A generous paid time off plan allows team members to enjoy hiking, skiing and other scenic activities that Vacationland has to offer.
- Affordable healthcare, dental and vision coverage plans permit team members to prioritize their health while maintaining flexibility.
- CMH’s comprehensive wellness program keeps team members healthy while also enhancing financial wellness with generous HSA contributions.
About Central Maine Healthcare
Central Maine Healthcare is an integrated healthcare delivery system serving 400,000 people living in central, western and Midcoast Maine. CMH's hospital facilities include Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, Bridgton Hospital and Rumford Hospital. CMH also supports Central Maine Medical Group, a primary and specialty care practice organization. Other system services include the Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute, a regional trauma program, LifeFlight of Maine's southern Maine base, the Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center and other high-quality clinical services.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
The Maine Department of Health and Human Services and the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention issued an emergency rule to add COVID-19 vaccination to the existing law that requires certain vaccinations of healthcare workers. All healthcare workers are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by October 1, 2021. In addition, these same government offices issued a ruling earlier this year that flu Immunizations will also be added to the vaccine requirement list for healthcare workers.
If you are passionate about making a difference and are looking for your next great career opportunity, we look forward to reviewing your application!
Posted 5 Days Ago
AT CENTRAL MAINE HEALTHCARE YOU ARE AT THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING WE DO
Our why, our purpose, drives every decision and action we take as a healthcare system. We strive everyday to deliver exceptional care, and to improve our community. We are a non-profit organization that is breaking the traditional healthcare mold by bringing our patients and their family’s high value, low cost, and award-winning care while focusing on creating an exceptional experience for them; all within their communities. To accomplish this, we only hire individuals who are committed to excellence, who embody the principles of our CMH Experience Service Standards, and who are ready to step in and help their fellow team members achieve those exceptional results for our patients, their families, and the community.
Central Maine Healthcare System
The organization is broad in its footprint, with three (3) hospitals in Bridgton, Lewiston, and Rumford, and over 75 individual practices within our Medical Group. Lewiston’s Central Maine Medical Center is a certified and award-winning level two trauma center, along with our Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute and the upcoming highly anticipated launch of our comprehensive state of the art cancer treatment center. Both Bridgton and Rumford Hospitals are four (4) star accredited acute care hospitals, and our Medical Group and Maine Urgent Care Centers have won multiple awards within their specialties. As a system we are a six-time winner of the Leapfrog Safety A Rating since 2019, representing some of the highest quality care and outcomes nationwide. Our awards and accolades are only possible as a result of our commitment to culture, and a focus on safety and inclusion, in each of our patient’s experiences and in the experiences we create within our teams.
If you are a person who is looking for a way to give back to your community, to help improve the lives of patients or those who care for our patients, want to be part of a growing organization that is setting the bar for Maine healthcare, apply to join Central Maine Healthcare today!
Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
CMH actively promotes diversity in its workforce at all levels of the organization. We strive to create and maintain a setting where we celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization. CMH is an equal opportunity workforce and no one shall discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status with respect to any offer, or term or condition, of employment. We make reasonable accommodations to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.