Physical Therapist II
Job ID: 91806
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Rosedale,MD US
Hours of Work: rotating
Job Facility: UM St. Joseph Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
As a member of the University of Maryland Medical System Towson Sports Medicine is a premier provider of outpatient therapy services. We are looking for a highly motivated PT with a strong interest in sports. Candidates should have a desire to be instrumental in helping to grow a interdisciplinary sports focused program. Our therapists focus on providing high quality patient-oriented care in a great working environment. We have highly experienced staff and work in close contact to some of the best orthopaedic doctors in the state.
Deliver physical therapy services through evaluation of patient needs, goal determination, and development of treatment plans according to the principles and practices of physical therapy.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
- Performs direct physical therapy services to patients in accordance with generally accepted physical therapy standards, State of Maryland Physical Therapy Practice Act, code of ethics, and departmental procedures. Records patient evaluations, re-evaluations and care provided in the medical record in accordance with departmental documentation standards.
- Engage in professional development and advancement activities. Provides mentorship and training to clinical staff.
- Participates in and/or leads performance improvement activities, and other initiatives.
- Identifies, resolves and/or escalates routine clinical and operational issues to department leadership for resolution, in order to assure high quality care, and efficient departmental operations.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary, safe, patient-centered care and delivers excellent customer service.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 2 years of relevant experience required.
- Licensed Physical Therapist in the state of Maryland
- Current ACLS or BCLS certification
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hi, this is the pulmonary lab at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center. I'm proud to say that I worked here for many decades. I found the people that I work with to be supportive and caring of our patients and their families, each other, and our community. This is a workplace that fosters the ability to learn and grow and provides the resources to do so. You will find our leadership here to be supportive of our true north, which includes our vision, values, and mission to our patients, our colleagues, and our community. I hope that you'll find this to be a place where you may work and grow for many decades.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW