Physical Therapist - Full Time Days in Hickory, NC at Frye Regional Medical Center
Date Posted: 6/8/2021
- Employee Type:
Day shift, 7-10 hr/shift, rotate weekends
- Job Type:
Frye Regional Medical Center, serving a population of more than 350,000, is a 355-bed acute care hospital and comprehensive healthcare system that has been serving the health and medical needs of the Catawba Valley region since 1911. For more information on Frye Regional Medical Center please visit: http://www.lifepointhealth.net/serving-communities/our-communities/frye-regional-medical-center
Frye Regional Medical Center
As a part of Duke LifePoint Healthcare, our community hospital is being supported with more resources than ever before. Duke LifePoint combines Duke University Health System's unparalleled expertise in clinical excellence, quality and patient safety with LifePoint Health's financial resources and extensive operational experience - making our hospital even stronger.
Duke LifePoint Healthcare's pledge to our hospital and the communities we serve is quality, expertise and commitment.
- Quality is the cornerstone of Duke LifePoint, and it is the central focus of everything the organization and our hospital strive to achieve.
- Duke LifePoint pledges to bring a wealth of expertise and resources to strengthen the already excellent care our hospital delivers.
- And, Duke LifePoint's commitment is to work collaboratively with our hospital to make our community healthier by strengthening local healthcare delivery for the future.
For more information about Duke LifePoint, visit www.dukelifepointhealthcare.com.
- The staff therapist has constant contact with department employees, patients and their families and frequent contact with physicians, nursing personnel and other Rehab services and occasional contact with equipment suppliers and other health care services and will conduct themselves professionally and appropriately in all interactions with these customers.
- The staff therapist provides direct patient care to individuals of all ages (neonatal to geriatric) as caseload demands. Clinical competency and the ability to provide age appropriate treatment are assessed as part of the staff therapist yearly review.
- Performs appropriate initial therapy evaluations and implements and manages a specific and comprehensive Plan of Care.
- Prepares written documentation as required by the professions and the department.
- Will adhere to all mandatory meetings and/or training programs.
- Enhances professional growth and development through such activities as professional affiliations; participation in educational programs, in-service meetings, workshops and review of current literature.
- Provides supervision to Therapist Assistants and Technicians.
- Supervises Therapy Students and volunteers as assigned.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Conducts or participates in training medical and nursing personnel in Therapy techniques and objectives.
- Is knowledgeable of and adheres to Age Appropriate Standards of Care for the patient population(s) served.
- Performs additional duties as requested by AD, Director or Team Leader.
- Certification valid with National Board for Certification in PT, Licensed by the State of North Carolina for Physical Therapy
- CPR Certification
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree/Certificate in Physical Therapy with APTA certification/licensure.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
- Therapist Jobs
- Physical Therapist Jobs
- Jobs in Morganton, North Carolina
- Therapist Jobs Morganton, North Carolina
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.