FT 40 HRS
4 days agoRequisition ID: 1712
The Physical Therapist provides Physical Therapy services to geriatric participants by evaluating each participant of the Harbor Health's Elder Service Plan and developing a plan using treatment technique to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function and prevent disability, assisting the participant in reaching his/her maximal potential while learning to live within the limits of his/her capabilities.
Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM. Position is based out of our Brockton Elder Service Plan location and includes on site and in-home delivery of Physical Therapy services.
- Assists in development and implementation of care plans, modifies treatment plans as needed, and recommends termination of services as appropriate in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
- Diagnoses and manages movement dysfunction and enhance physical and functional abilities.
- Restores, maintains and promotes not only optimal physical function, but optimal wellness and fitness and optimal quality of life as it relates to movement and health.
- Prevents the onset, symptoms and progression of impairments, functional limitations and disabilities that may result from diseases, disorders, conditions or injuries.
- Identifies participant’s needs and exhibits compassion, caring and empathy toward individual differences.
- Assists in development and implementation of care plans, modifies treatment plans as needed, and recommends termination of services as appropriate.
- Recommends options, courses of action or modifications to treatments ensuring participation’s progress, safety and comfort.
- Conducts re-examinations and modifies interventions as necessary to achieve anticipated goals and expected outcomes and develop and implement discharge plans.
- Measures effectiveness of physical therapy interventions, and reports findings to the IDT.
- Assists in the development of treatment protocols.
- Participates in department staff meeting, IDT meetings, and all-staff meetings.
- Maintains appropriate documentation in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) according to ESP and department guidelines.
- Provides in-service education to ESP staff and community education within scope of knowledge.
- Assists the Manager of Rehabilitation Services in the operation of durable medical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions and calling for repairs.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment for peers, participants and community and portrays a professional and positive attitude towards peers, participants and community.
- Assists the Manager of Rehabilitation Services in supply ordering and inventory control.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy
- Current MA Physical Therapist license, current BLS (Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an acute care setting or program for older, frail adult populations; previous Home Care experience is preferred.
- Must be able to travel in a timely manner to participant's homes in the Brockton and surrounding areas.
- Ability to quickly recognize situations/problems before they become acute and be able to implement a timely solution.
- Working knowledge of the federal, state and PACE (Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) regulations, and policies and procedures that mandate and affect community day health care preferred.
- Hands on experience with therapeutic exercises, functional training and physical modalities preferred.
- Effective oral and written communications skills to support the delivery of physical therapy services and the IDT process.
- Ability to function in the Center or at the participant’s home.
- Shows flexibility and adaptability in a dynamic healthcare environment.
- Computer Literate with Basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Must be a self-starter, able to attend to details and complete tasks on time preferred with drive to continually learn and grow preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.