PHYSICAL MEDICINE TECH
TOTAL ORTHO SPORTS AND SPINE
METHODIST MEDICAL GROUP
Allen, TX, 75013
Full-time · Day · 7am-6pm
Req # 20057093
The Physical Therapy Tech professional responsible for the safe application of traction and other orthopedic equipment along with assisting in the administration of safe, routine treatments (pediatrics to geriatrics), patient positioning, transferring and gait training under the direct supervision of a Physical, Occupational, or Speech Therapist. Performs clerical and housekeeping duties, as needed, to maintain the department in a safe and orderly condition. Supports and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic plans of Methodist Health System
Your Job Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Prefer experience as a P.T. aide, or volunteer in a P.T. department with aspirations towards the physical therapy/medical fields.
- BLS certification preferred.
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office products
- Superior oral and written communication skills
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly and openly
- Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
- Be accountable for your performance
- Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
- Take initiative for your professional growth
- Be engaged and eager to build a winning team
- Provides assistance to therapy staff with patient treatments according to established guidelines and time frames
- Performs correct and safe application of traction and orthopedic equipment along with performing in services to therapists, nursing staff, and new orthotechs
- Maintains necessary supplies for (pediatric and geriatric) patient treatment
- Performs necessary preparation for whirlpool, pulsavac, and aquatic treatments
- Maintains records and reports
- Utilizes appropriate customer scripting as evidenced by observation and improved patient satisfaction.
Methodist Medical Group is the North Texas physician organization affiliated with Methodist Health System. Established to meet the healthcare needs of North Texas communities, our fast-growing network of providers includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic, and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. Methodist Medical Group employees enjoy not only competitive salaries but also the outstanding benefits package of Methodist Health System, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; a matched retirement plan; an employee wellness program; and more. The opportunities for career growth are equally generous. Our affiliation means being part of an award-winning workplace:
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journa
- 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare nine years in a row by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Military Friendly Employer
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist
© 2021 HealthcareSource HR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.