Phone Room Representative, Family Medicine and Urgent Care Palladium "Job Details"
High Point, NC, United States
- 5826 Samet Dr, High Point, NC, 27265, US
09/15/2021, 10:06 PM
Phone Room Representative, Family Medicine and Urgent Care Palladium
40 hours per week, day shift
JOB SUMMARY: Answers incoming calls, schedules patient appointments, screens and routes calls to appropriate staff member or department. Enters patient information and verifies insurance.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED equivalent with one year experience in a medical office preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: N/A
1. Answers incoming calls, records messages for providers and staff, and responds to tasks in a prompt and timely manner.
2. Schedules appointments and/or revise patient schedules for cancellations, screens calls, provides information, and enters current patient information including insurance information in the computer.
3. Follows office protocols as directed.
4. Serves as a role model for customer service and supports the staff in this process.
5. Sends tasks to clinical staff members and providers with patient questions and concerns.
6. Scans patient documents into electronic medical records system and docuware.
7. Maintains a professional appearance.
8. Maintains work area in neat and orderly manner.
9. May fill-in for other support staff when necessary.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications
- Knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and protocols
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and universal precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Clean, well-lit, comfortable, office environment
- Moderate noise level
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.