LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Current CPR certification.
1. Prepares equipment to collect blood products efficiently.
2. Performs venipuncture, arterial and capillary punctures on patients as ordered by providers.
3. Performs bleeding time tests and urine dipstick tests.
4. Labels and maintains proper storage for specimens and tests. Conducts laboratory tests on specimens.
5. Enters data into computer.
6. Assists donor before, during, and after donation.
7. Maintains patient records and charts, ensuring that lab reports, x-rays, and other pertinent information are in the patient chart.
8. Cleans/sterilizes equipment, instruments, and work area following safety, cleanliness, and infection control procedures.
9. Practices sterile technique and prevents cross contamination. Handles blood and body fluids and deals with infectious patients.
10. Inventories supplies and places orders.
11. Prepares test specimens for transport to outside laboratories, by mail or courier, and ensuring that specimens are properly labeled, handled, and transported to the correct laboratory to expedite patient results.
12. Provides a friendly, safe, timely, quality-driven environment responsive to patients' needs
Knowledge of laboratory standards to evaluate department and recommend improvement
Knowledge of medical terminology to interact with medical staff regarding laboratory procedures and results
Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care
Knowledge of computer systems and applications
Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and protocols
Knowledge of common safety hazards and universal precautions to establish a safe work environment
Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings
Well-lighted, well-ventilated, and adequate space
Frequent exposure to diseases, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.