Phlebotomist - Certified
Novant Health is seeking a Phlebotomist - Certified to collect blood specimens for the clinical laboratories. Functions as an intermediary between the patient, patient caregivers and the laboratories. Assures proper specimen collection and identification in compliance with section policies and procedures. Performs appropriate patient procedures in accordance with age-specific guidelines for the age groups served. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required.
- Experience: One year of relevant phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: Required ASCP, ASPT, AMT or NHA.
- Additional Skills/Requirements (required): Knowledge of current medical terminology to perform full range of laboratory tasks. Knowledge of medical terminology to communicate with medical staff regarding laboratory procedures and results. Skill in anticipating and reacting calmly to emergency situations. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, hospital staff and the public. Ability to follow written protocols. Ability to work independently. Ability to communicate clearly.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health