State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Req ID: 39843BR
Job Summary: The Philanthropy Intern will assist our team to satisfy the administrative needs of the BILH system and its ambitious fundraising goals. This internship will provide a well-rounded introduction to nonprofit/healthcare development strategy, and provide a deeper understanding of a specific business unit, including operations, external relations, or major gifts . In this role, the intern will assist with various administrative support tasks, including project management, meeting and events scheduling and preparation, crafting agendas and presentations, and general office support. The intern may be invited to assist with a host of other activities and responsibilities insofar as these further the mission of the Philanthropy team and help the BILH system achieve excellent fundraising results. There is an option for intern-initiated project work.
- Work daily in tandem with Philanthropy leaders to provide administrative support, including calendar and meeting management.
- Provide office support and customer service which may include answering phones, opening mail, and other tasks.
- Prepare presentations and analysis of various spreadsheets and data.
- Manage a variety of projects to support the advancement of fundraising.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to display creativity, exercise sound judgment, and demonstrate initiative.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply