State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Req ID: 40555BR
Job Summary: The Philanthropy Coordinator provides administrative support including calendar management, preparing presentations, and attending meetings. Serves as a central staff member in major gifts, supporting the major gift officers by managing small cultivation events, advisory councils, managing call lists and actions, managing all prospect activity in Raiser's Edge, running metrics reporting, and coordinating with major gift officers on prospect activity. Also responsible for maintaining revenue projections.
- Assists with tasks involving key board members and high level donors. Handles all scheduling and work with meeting space, food services, and office management. Prepares meeting materials. Answers telephone, handles written communication with donors and prospects, prepares meeting materials and maintains donor files.
- Prepares confidential individual briefings and solicitation materials for the Major Gifts Officers, as well as for the President, Vice President of Philanthropy, Chair of the Board, and other key volunteers who are working with prospects.
- Manages Raiser's Edge database requests through Mojo, including new record creation, prospect visits, contact reports, moves management, and proposal data. May be responsible for running weekly metric reports.
- Coordinates invitation production, mailing, and response tracking, coordinates the flow of information regarding events, which may include small major gift dinners, galas, golf tournaments, and other cultivation events within the Philanthropy Office, performs administrative and other responsibilities as needed, and travels as necessary to events.
- Coordinate with Philanthropy Central Services teams for data requests, prospect research, gift acknowledgment and stewardship activities.
- Performs research as needed and regular screenings of prospect lists.
- May represent the office and the hospital at External Relations events when needed
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Ability to travel, occasional evening and weekend work, and to adjust to other needs of the department.
- Individual judgment and knowledge of fundraising strategy is essential.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply