Pharmacy Technician II
Job ID: 95197
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Towson,MD US
Hours of Work: Rotating/Day Shift, Every 3rd Weekend
Job Facility: UM St. Joseph Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Pharmacy Technician II
Full-Time – Day
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center.
When you come to University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you’re coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 224- bed suburban Towson, MD campus. You’re embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority.
- Responsible for procuring and distributing medications per physician request, pharmacist request or prearranged work assignment according to established policies, procedures, and protocols and maintains adequate stock of medications and supplies according to established policies and procedures.
As a team member at St. Joseph Medical Center, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, and generous paid time off.
- Free Parking & On-Site Fitness Center
- Recognition: We have a positive points recognition program designed to reward and recognize our outstanding employees; employees can also recognize their peers
- On-Site Daycare
What You Need to Be Successful:
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- 2 year / Associate’s Degree (Preferred)
- Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Pharmacy Technician National Certification (Required)
- Pharmacy Technician Registration in Maryland (Required)
- 0 – 1 year Hospital Based Pharmacy (Required)
- 2 – 4 years Hospital Based Pharmacy (Preferred)
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hi, my name is Paul Palumbo and I'm a respiratory therapist here at St. Joseph's Medical Center. Give you a brief over our department. It's a great department to work for with a fantastic team who always looks out for each other. We get to see a lot of the hospital working in the ICUs, Intermediate Care step-down units, PACU, Emergency Department. I think a great candidate for our department would be somebody who's a team player. We really do treat each other like family. Also somebody who likes to share their knowledge of respiratory therapy and care for their patients at the highest level. What's exciting about our department is that we get to see a lot of the hospital. and we also have a lot of room for advancement. Personally in a year or so that I've been here, I've been able to move into a Charge Therapist role, also an Oriented Therapist role, and be able to experience special procedures like EBUS bronchoscopies and all kinds of other neat things.
All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW