FT 40 HRS
2 days agoRequisition ID: 1716
The Pharmacy Technician works under the direct supervision of the pharmacist and assists with typing, preparing and filling prescriptions for verification by the pharmacist.
Position is located at the Daniel Driscoll-Neponset Health Center retail pharmacy, hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM with occassional Saturdays 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
• Accepts new prescriptions or refill requests from patients and evaluates information for completeness and accuracy.
• Successfully processes prescription medications through various insurances including the error resolution process.
• Counts prescription medication, fills prescriptions, types and attaches medication labels.
• Greets patients at the Point of Sale while delivering exceptional customer service.
• Adheres to State and Federal regulations pertaining to working in a pharmacy.
• Maintains patient confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA regulations.
• Performs on those functions as allowed by the Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy.
• Works collaboratively with administration and clinical care teams to provide quality care for the patient.
• Restocks shelves in the dispensing areas as stock replacement is received.
• Checks inventory for outdated medications.
• Prepares and coordinates prescription orders for shipment.
• Assists pharmacist in training new technicians and cross training.
• Makes recommendations to the pharmacist as to how methods and procedures can be improved.
• Answers telephone calls in a timely and professional manner.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Certified Pharmacy Technician or Registered Technician required, current BLS (Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers) required
• 1-3 years pharmacy or related experience, preferably in outpatient clinic pharmacy services or retail pharmacy
• Must be flexible and be able to work different schedules to meet client and pharmacy needs
• Must possess detailed knowledge of OTC drugs and laws governing OTC medications
• Demonstrates competent working knowledge of insurance plans
• Must possess thorough knowledge of the Pharmacy Technician Procedures
• Able to work in fast-paced environment and troubleshoot and solve problems
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications and customer service skills
• Must be organized and be able to prioritize tasks and detail oriented
• Computer literate with intermediate skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM with occassional Saturdays 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.