Pharmacy Tech II - Certified
Novant Health is seeking a Certified Pharmacy Technician II to serve as a part of the healthcare team that collaborates with other team members to provide optimal, personalized care across all dimensions of care, every time. Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
- Education: High School Diploma required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Experience: Acute Care: Prior experience in a minimum of two pharmacy skills (examples may include medication distribution, sterile compounding, and/or medication listing activities) required. OR…hired as a Pharmacy Tech 1 Certified and now competently performing a second pharmacy skill as described above required. Outpatient Oncology: Minimum of two years’ experience in any setting with one year of experience in sterile compounding (of IV and/or chemotherapy admixture). Specialty Pharmacy: Minimum of two years in any setting required with one year in specialty setting preferred required.
- Licensure / Certification / Registration: Current registry with applicable State Board(s) of Pharmacy required. PTCB Certification within 60 days of hire, or proof of enrollment in pharmacy school/FPGEE/FPGEC required.
- Additional Skills/Requirements required: State Registration and/or evidence of renewal is required for both Pharmacists and Technicians fifteen days prior to expiration and Technicians are required to be either certified through Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB), or be actively enrolled in pharmacy school, or be active in Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination (FPGEE) or Foreign Pharmacy Equivalency Certification (FPGEC). Considerable knowledge and application of basic math skills (including ratio and proportion relationships), strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to follow verbal and written instructions. Basic technology skills. Other duties as outlined in Novant Health and facility specific policies and procedures. Ability to drive/travel to multiple facilities/locations as needed. Ability to work as part of a high performing, change ready and resilient team.
- Additional Skills/Requirements preferred: Considerable knowledge of medication names (both trade and generic) and their doses, routes of administration, and adverse effects; the ability to demonstrate patient interview skills and strong written and verbal communication skills with other healthcare professionals. Experience with inventory management.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health