PHARMACY TECH CERTIFIED - BR
METHODIST RICHARDSON MED CNTR
RICHARDSON, TX, 75082
PRN · Flex · As Needed
Req # 20057482
The Pharmacy Tech will provide superior customer service by assisting in performing paraprofessional tasks that will ensure a high quality of pharmacy service while supporting the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Methodist Health System
Your Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- IV Certification preferred
- 1 year Pharmacy Tech work experience required.
- Candidates with Hospital Pharmacy experience preferred
- Registered technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy or Pharmacy student with current Pharmacy Intern license.
- Ability to effectively communicate on all levels
- Typing and Computer Skills preferred.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Answers the telephone and front window/ door
- Process medications in preparation of final dispensing by the pharmacist
- Performs sterile using aseptic technique and non-sterile compounding
- Gathers items needed for miscellaneous requisitions, orders, crash carts, kits , trays, etc Develops good judgement in organizing and prioritizing workload to meet department needs.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area; restocks returned medications, restocks work area to appropriate levels
- Assists in maintaining inventory levels of pharmaceuticals and supplies by notifying purchasing when items become low and increase usage of particular items is observed
- Maintains drug storage systems though restock and trouble-shooting functions
- Maintains unit inspections and checking for expired medications as assigned
- Make scheduled rounds to all nursing units for delivery of medication and pick-up of discontinued medications and orders
- Make non-scheduled rounds to any nursing unit as required.
- Perform charges and credits for floor stock sheets, narcotic sheets, miscellaneous charge slips and returned medications into computer system
- Train new employees as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Methodist Richardson Medical Center is a 284-bed, full-service hospital that serves Richardson, Garland, Plano, and the surrounding areas in Dallas and Collin counties. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence, it was the first healthcare facility to earn the Texas Award for Performance Excellence, patterned after the renowned Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. We also provide care at Methodist Richardson Medical Center – Campus for Continuing Care, which offers a behavioral health and addiction recovery unit, inpatient rehabilitation and long-term acute care, a full-service emergency department, and more. Methodist Richardson strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
- Magnet®-designated hospital
- First in the nation to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Pancreatic/Hepatic/Biliary Cancer Certification
- ANCC Pathway to Excellence® Program
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association
- American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Receiving Center Gold Plus, 2019
- Certified Quality Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
- Robotic da Vinci® Surgical System for minimally invasive procedures
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist
© 2021 HealthcareSource HR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.