PHARMACY TECH CERTIFIED
The Pharmacy Technician will assist in performing paraprofessional tasks that will ensure a high quality of pharmacy service.
Supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Methodist Health System.
Your Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- IV certification preferred
- Registered technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy or Pharmacy student current Pharmacy Intern License
- 1 year of Pharmacy experience required
- Hospital Pharmacy experiences preferred
- Computer skills preferred, but not required
- Ability to maintain confidentially and patient privacy standards set by the department as well as hospital
Your Job Responsibilities
- Answers the telephone and front window.
- Compounds products in IV Lab using sterile, aseptic technique
- Gathers items needed for miscellaneous requisitions, orders, crash carts, etc. to be checked by pharmacist prior to dispensing.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area; restocks returned medications, restocks work area to appropriate levels.
- Assists in maintaining inventory levels of pharmaceuticals and supplies by notifying purchasing when items become low or increased usage of particular items in observed: utilized the “short list”.
- Maintains drug storage systems through restock and trouble-shooting functions
- Maintains Unit Inspections outside the department
- Makes scheduled rounds to all nursing units for the delivery of medications and the pick-up of discontinued medications and orders as needed.
- Makes non-scheduled rounds to any nursing unit as required.
- Perform charges and credits for floor stock sheets, narcotic sheets, miscellaneous charge slips, and returned medications into computer system.
- Processes medications in assigned area (OR, IV lab, first fill) in preparation of final dispensing by the pharmacist.
- Trains new employees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned