PHARMACY TECH CERTIFIED
METHODIST CHARLTON MEDICAL CTR
DALLAS, TX, 75222-5357
PRN · Flex · D/E, 5a-10:30p, 8 hr shifts, 2 wknds/mo both Sat/Sun; holiday rotation
Req # 20058851
- Assist in performing paraprofessional tasks that will ensure a high quality of pharmacy service.
- High school Diploma or Equivalent required
- IV certification required
- Registered technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy experience strongly preferred
- Answers the telephone and front window.
- Compounds products in IV Lab using sterile, aseptic technique.
- Gathers items needed for miscellaneous requisitions, orders, crash carts, etc. to be checked by pharmacist prior to dispensing.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area; restocks returned medications, restocks work area to appropriate levels. Assists in maintaining inventory levels of pharmaceuticals and supplies by notifying purchasing when items become low or increased usage of
paticular items in observed: utilized the “short list”.
- Maintains drug storage systems through restock and trouble-shooting functions.
- Maintains Unit Inspections outside of the department.
- Makes scheduled rounds to all nursing units for the delivery of medications and the pick-up of discontinued medications and orders as needed. Makes non-scheduled rounds to any nursing unit as required.
- Performs charges and credits for floor stock sheets, narcotic sheets, miscellaneous charge slips, and returned medications into computer system.
- Processes medications in assigned area (OR, IV lab, first fill) in preparation of final dispensing by the pharmacist.
- Trains new employees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
© 2021 HealthcareSource HR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.