Location Decatur, Georgia, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Job Id R0015403
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and complies with the Pharmacy Technician Code of Conduct.
- Helps healthcare providers and patients by greeting them in person or by phone; answering questions and request; referring inquiries to the Pharmacist that require their attention.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level: anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains knowledge of asset protection techniques, creates claims for order errors and damaged goods.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Performs duties assigned by the Pharmacist such as utilizing pharmacy systems to enter patient and drug information, ensuring information is entered correctly, filling prescriptions by retrieving, counting, pouring pharmaceutical drugs, verifying medicine is correct and checking for possible interactions.
- Reports, immediately, prescription error to the Pharmacist and adheres to company policies and procedures in regard to pharmacy errors and quality improvement.
- Follows all applicable government regulations including HIPAA, Medicare and Co-pay requirements.
- Engages patients by offering assistance, resolving issues and answering questions to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on assigned cash register, collects and handles cash as required.
- Directs and assists team members as needed to maintain workflow and meet/ complete deadlines as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacist on duty.
- Processes claims for 3rd party reimbursement efficiently and correctly to third-party insurance providers to obtain payment.
- Earns and maintains certification and licensure as required per state regulations. Attends training and completes as requested by the Pharmacy Manager and acquires continuing education credits.
- Maintains knowledge and skill in healthcare and pharmacy.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of ChenMed products, services, standards, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of pharmacy law and medical terminology
- Strong interpersonal skill and well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Good math and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask, work independently, meet deadlines and be flexible
- Excellent organization skills and detailed oriented
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This position may require travel nationwide for training and support purposes as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High School or equivalent; experience can substitute for education on a year for year basis above the minimum required
- Board of Pharmacy technician registration; maintain current licensure and certification for state
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a pharmacy setting to include pharmacy/medical data entry experience
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for assisting with the practice of pharmacy in accordance with state and federal regulations. The incumbent is responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information and process prescriptions. Duties and responsibilities include assisting and coaching pharmacy technicians in the operation of the pharmacy systems and ensures compliance to the company’s policies and procedures. Employees model and deliver the highest level of quality healthcare while working directly with patients and their families, doctors and other medical personnel. Supervision is received from the Pharmacist who reviews work for attainment of desired objectives and conformity with departmental policies and procedures through conferences, personal inspections and review of report.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director