Location Petersburg, Florida, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Job Id R0016857
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Selects, prepares and stocks medications and supplies according to specific center requirements.
- Assists in preparing and dispensing medications under direct supervision of Physician in accordance with written Rx and within Federal and State Regulations.
- Verifies medication prescribed and dispense the medication.
- Processes refills on a daily basis.
- Orders pharmaceuticals and receive/stock drugs.
- Maintains licensure and certification for state.
- Works with corporate team to keep center updated with processes and procedures.
- Collects patient information for prescription and billing.
- Keeps filing system updated for multiple procedures/processes.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of ChenMed and/ or Jencare Neighborhood Medical Centers products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi task, operate phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems.
- Ability to communicate and work with doctors, patients and other team members in a professional manner.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong interpersonal & mathematical skills.
- This position requires travel nationwide for training and support purposes as needed.
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of ChenMed products, services, standards, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of pharmacy law and medical terminology
- Strong interpersonal skill and well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Good math and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask, work independently, meet deadlines and be flexible
- Excellent organization skills and detailed oriented
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This position may require travel nationwide for training and support purposes as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High School or equivalent; experience can substitute for education on a year for year basis above the minimum required
- Board of Pharmacy technician registration; maintain current licensure and certification for state
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a pharmacy setting to include pharmacy/medical data entry experience
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for ensuring that the pharmacy is running efficiently and is staying organized and operative. Some of the duties include taking inventory, answering the phone, checking patient information for insurance co-pays, restocking and ordering necessary supplies, dispensing prepackaged medication(s), keeping multiple, ongoing filing systems and performing other administrative tasks. Additionally, under the direct supervision of a Physician, the Pharmacy Technician accurately labels and delivers medication to appropriate patient. He/she also works with that Physician to ensure that the medication has been dispensed properly and in a timely manner. This is a healthcare position working directly with patients and their families, doctors and other medical personnel in a dynamic and professional environment to provide the highest level of quality healthcare to all patients.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Location Pembroke Pines, Florida, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 02/23/2021
Location Riviera Beach, Florida, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 05/05/2021
X-Ray Tech/Medical Assistant
Location Aventura, Florida, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 05/04/2021
Location Tampa, Florida, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 03/31/2021
Location Lakeland, Florida, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 03/09/2021
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director