Novant Health is seeking a Pharmacy Resident to join our pharmacy team in delivering optimal medication management across all dimensions of care, every time.
The Pharmacy Resident will provide clinical pharmacy services for assigned area(s), optimizing the quality of patient care under the supervision of a preceptor. The pharmacy resident will be a self-directed, independent, motivated learner as guided by the Residency program director (RPD) and preceptors. Examples of major learning and development activities for the pharmacy resident include: initiate and participate in clinical rounds and research, provide education for physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other health care professionals regarding proper drug therapy, instruct pharmacy students, and conduct quality improvement projects. The pharmacy resident provides pharmacy operation support for the staffing component of the program to develop a well-rounded understanding of all aspects of pharmaceutical care within the hospital setting. The pharmacy resident acts in accordance with current policies and procedures. Appropriate and current state licensure and continuing education requirements must be completed by August 31 of their residency year to continue in the pharmacy residency program.
Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required. Graduate of an ACPE accredited school, required. Pharm D preferred.
- Experience: Hospital experience preferred.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Current pharmacy license in appropriate state required.
- Additional skills required: Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health