State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Pharmacy Repackaging Technician
Req ID: 36696BR
Job Summary: Repackages medications, both oral and liquid, into unit of use size. Prepares emergency medication kits and manages inventory replenishment of required supplies. Communicates with Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, and Purchasing Staff to insure timely preparation of medications. Repackages Federally Controlled Substances in accordance with established policies and procedures including DEA and DPH regulations.
- Repackages unit dose medications, including by not limited to: bulk containers, oral liquids, controlled substances, and hazardous medications in unit of use packaging.
- Applies barcodes to medications that do not have readable manufacturer barcodes, including RFID systems as implemented.
- Prepares emergency kits and monitors emergency medication par levels as needed to fill kits.
- Monitors expiration dates of medications in assigned areas throughout the pharmacy Ensures that all expired and damaged medications are disposed of in accordance with regulations.
- Participates in recall management to identify any recalled items in code carts. Creates reports for AOC identifying recalled items located in code carts.
- Conduct inventory and maintains stock levels in the repackaging area for repackaging and dispensing supplies.
- Helps in other areas of department as needed.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- License Mass Registered Pharmacy Tech required., and Certificate 1 Pharm Tech Cert Board required., or Certificate 2 EXCPT required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Employee must remain in good standing with the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Pharmacy including maintenance of registration and fees.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Three to six months experience as a hospital pharmacy technician.
- Ability to perform simple and complex pharmaceutical calculations
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply