Location Norfolk, Virginia, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Job Id R0008632
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders and detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Dispenses medications by packaging and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Communicates therapeutic concerns with prescriber.
- Enforces policies and procedures to ensure appropriate, safe and cost-effective medication use.
- Ensures services follow professional quality standards, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Brings significant issues to the attention of the Pharmacist in Charge or the Operations Director with recommendations for solutions.
- Participates in completing Medication Therapy Management for selected patients.
- Participates in Anticoagulation clinic.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at Pharmacist in Charge’s and/or Operations Director’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of, and experience with, state and federal insurance programs.
- Familiarity with appropriate local, state and federal pharmacy state were located.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, management and executives.
- Strong organization and time management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Fluent in English.
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited university.
- Must have a License that is in good standing with the regulating Pharmacy Board in state of employment.
- Minimum 1 (one) year of retail pharmacy experience.
- Pharmacy residency training is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in a managed care setting (HMO, MSO, PBM) is a plus.
- Certified to provide immunization is a plus.
The Pharmacist, PRN is responsible for the dispensing of medication, prospective and retrospective drug utilization review and patient counseling. The incumbent in this role will participate in Medication Therapy Management and additional clinical roles as needed including Anticoagulation Clinic.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director