Added - 21 hours agoPharmacist (Medical Home Port) AlliedPortsmouth, Virginia | Allied
Related Allied Jobs
At Matrix Providers - You come first. Always.
Your success is the focus of our entire business.
We are hiring for a qualified civilian Pharmacist (Medical Home Port) to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our veterans and their families at the Naval Medical Center and associated Branch Health Clinics and Tricare Prime Clinics in Portsmouth, Oceana & Boone, Virginia area.
• Status: Full-Time
• Schedule: Monday through Sunday, between the hours of 6:00am – 7:00pm
• Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage
• Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Holidays
• 401(k) Plan
The Pharmacist (Medical Home Port) must have the following qualifications:
• Degree: Bachelor's degree in pharmacy, Master’s degree in Medication Therapy Management (MTM)
• Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE)
• Have successfully completed an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) approved continuing education of at least 15 hours which maintains pharmacy skills and knowledge in the preceding two (2) years
• Possess one of the following:
• Completion of an accredited Pharmacy Residency Program
• Possess board certification (from the Board of Pharmacy Specialties) in Pharmacotherapy or Ambulatory Care Pharmacy or Psychiatric Pharmacy
• Certifications: Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers or American Heart Association or American Red Cross Healthcare Provider Course
• Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a pharmacist
• Experience: Possess two (2) years of clinical practice managing and modifying drug therapy according to written protocols or collaborative practice agreements between the pharmacist and individual physician who are responsible for the patient’s care or patient-centered medical home experience within the preceding three (3) years
• Have held clinical privileges as a clinical pharmacist within the preceding thirty-six month (36) months in a military treatment facility
• Possess experience in the use of pharmacy computer systems such as the Navy TRIPHARM Computer System, the Composite Health Care System (CHCS) or .retail pharmacy computer systems
• Provide two (2) letters of recommendation written within the last two (2) years attesting to the Healthcare Workers (HCW’s) clinical skills. The letters must be from practicing Pharmacists who have personally observed and evaluated the HCW and who can attest to the HCW’s clinical skills in the care of patients. Reference letters shall attest to the HCW’s communication skills and ability to relate to patients as well as professional and other interpersonal skills among staff members and must include name, title, phone number, date of reference, address and signature of the individual providing reference.
• Due to contractual obligations with the DoD, Health Care Workers performing under this contract must either be a U.S. citizen, or as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, either a noncitizen national of the United State, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or alien authorized to work in the United States
You will love being part of the Matrix family of Providers whose focus since day one has been selflessly giving back to our hard-working and devoted military servicemen and women. Matrix Providers has always been a proud veteran-owned company and military family supporter and is a staunch ally of our active-duty and veteran service providers.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Matrix Providers endeavors to make www.matrixproviders.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-877-807-8277, TTY LINE, 385-722-8109. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.