PFS Supervisor, Cash Posting "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
Professional / Management
- 100 Kimel Forest Dr, Winston Salem, NC, 27103, US
10/04/2021, 02:50 PM
PFS Supervisor, Cash Posting
40 hours per week, day shift
JOB SUMMARY: Under minimal supervision, organizes and coordinates the activities of assigned staff to ensure safe, effective, and appropriate work in a fiscally responsible manner. Provides direction and support for staff, promotes staff development and collaborates with leadership. Responsible for handling and solving any problems related to their area of assignment as well as hiring, coaching and termination of assigned staff, as appropriate. Conducts and oversees the orientation, training and mentoring of all employees. Responsible for performing the revenue cycle tasks that are necessary to ensure compliance and excellent customer service.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associates degree in Healthcare or Business or two year's revenue cycle experience. Previous supervisor or lead experience in the revenue cycle preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Certified Patient Account Manager (CPAM) by the American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management or Certified Financial Healthcare Professional (CFHP) by the Healthcare Financial Management Association preferred.
1. Manages workflow activities and formulates policies and procedures relating to assigned departmental functions. Maintains a working knowledge of functions in area(s) of responsibility. Acts as a resource for problem resolution.
2. Evaluates and recommends modifications to and/or implementations of new procedures. Ensures that all policies and procedures reflect compliance with governmental regulations. Creates a clear vision for the future and defines the values that underlie the day-to-day activities of assigned departments.
3. Establishes long and short-term goals and objectives to support the PFS strategic plan.
4. Ensures that employee performance expectations are communicated to staff and that evaluations are fair and conducted in a timely manner.
5. Establishes quantitative and qualitative performance standards for each area of responsibility within their supervision.
6. Monitors and controls productivity and encourages innovations for improvement.
7. Develops and implements effective training programs to address training needs of the department and in accordance with the mandates of government and contracted agencies, third parties and department standard operating procedures.
8. Conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings to communicate issues regarding compliance with established procedures and overall work unit effectiveness.
9. Assists in the development, implementation and control of the department budget. Provides justifications for budget variances.
10. Interfaces with other key internal and external staff to obtain necessary information to address issues or requests. Organizes work/resources to accomplish objectives and meet deadlines. Proactively communicates issues or potential issues and process improvement opportunities to management.
11. Participates in all educational activities, and demonstrates personal responsibility for job performance. Takes initiative for learning new skills and willingness to participate and share expertise on projects, committees and other activities, as deemed appropriate.
12. Maintains compliance with federal, state and local regulations, HIPAA and established corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
13. Performs other relevant work functions, as requested.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in unusual or stressful situations
- Strong computer and math skills
- Demonstrated leadership in establishing and achieving goals
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and all other third party billing requirements
- Maintains stable performance under pressure
- Consistently demonstrates a positive and professional attitude
- Clean, comfortable, office environment
- Work may be stressful at times
- Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people
- Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergencies
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.