Allied Health Misc
US – Los Angeles, CA
Flexible schedule with call
$69.33 – $76.55 Hourly
January 11, 2021
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
· Knowledge, skills, and ability to operate all routine equipment, special devices, monitors.
· Advanced knowledge of human anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry in the adult, pediatric and neonate populations
· Knowledge of several cardiac diseases, defects and congenital anomalies. Knowledge of a variety of organ preservations.
· Knowledge of sterile and perfusion supplies: extracorporeal oxygenators, tubing circuits, and cannulae for adult, pediatric and infants.
· Knowledge of blood components, plasma composition of the human body and use of blood products in association of support by extracorporeal circuits and devices.
· Ability to follow orders, take directions, and implement written perfusion protocols. Utilize formula and applied mathematics in associated application of perfusion protocols.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively during operation of extracorporeal support devices and providing patient care. Ability to write clearly and neatly while recording patient data and performing other clinical and other tasks.
· Ability to organize and prioritize patient care needs while performing several tasks at once in a clinical setting.
· Ability to learn and apply JCAHO, CDC, and AABB standards and protocols that apply to operating room procedures and departmental policies and protocols. Knowledge of sterile techniques in the delivery of patient care.
· Ability and knowledge of medical and perfusion terminology to converse freely.
· Ability to conduct literature search of a medical topic from a biomedical library using Medline search programs.
· Ability to work and cooperate in a flexible manner in the delivery of patient care demonstrating a cohesive team approach.
· Ability to work flexible hours. Ability to take call and report to work in a timely manner.
· Ability to lift, move, push and pull heavy objects and equipment weighing from 60 to 350 lbs.
· Ability to spend 95% or working time seating, stooping, standing, reaching up and down, handling equipment and supplies carefully and safely.
· Ability to teach and demonstrate ideas of routine scientific application.
· Ability to conduct oneself in a healthy and professional manner regarding sterile dress code etiquette and communicate in a professional manner.
· Experience with a variety of Heart-Lung Machines, Centrifugal Pumps, IABP, Implantable Ventricular Assist Devices, Intraoperative Autotransfusion Devices, Blood Saturation Monitors, Hemodynamic Pressure Transducers, ECMO, Anticoagulation monitors.
· Degree: Graduate of an accredited Perfusion program with a BA/BS
· Certification: ABCP and BCLS
Share this job