Performance Innovation Leader
Job ID: 84714
Area of Interest: Professionals
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F, 9a-5p
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Performance Innovation Leader
Full-Time – Day Shift
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center.
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
As a Team Member at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for your graduate degree.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
Under general supervision assists in leading performance innovation value stream and associated transformation projects. Employs performance improvement/transformation methodology, tools and techniques in organization operations in order to accomplish business objectives. Mentors team members on the utilization of lean tools and methodology. Plans key project initiatives and ensures successful completion and sustainment (Kaizen / Rapid Improvement Events – RIEs).
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Leads and participates in value streams in conducting performance improvement and process redesign RIE’s using appropriate analytic and facilitation techniques as the situation requires.
- Leads team members and executes project management in achieving the stated value stream analysis (VSA) completion plan and objectives.
- Supports financial performance follow up based on VSA metrics, such as return on investment.
- Promotes continuous improvement of quality service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Works to reduce costs by preventing waste through daily activities and identifying waste reduction opportunities.
- Documents, organizes and maintains records and files containing work plans, analysis tools and results, communications and presentations, sustainment and final deliverables.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory guidelines
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Four years lean / process improvement / process redesign experience is preferred.
- Team leadership and facilitation experience is required.
- Industrial engineering experience is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on