Performance Improvement Specialist – Stroke RN
Job ID: 88550
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Towson,MD US
Hours of Work: Flexible
Job Facility: UM St. Joseph Medical Center
Employment Type: Part Time
What You Will Do:
Performance Improvement Specialist – Stroke RN
Full-time – Nigh
We are seeking a Full-Time Performance Improvement Specialist – Stroke RN to join our nursing team at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center.
When you come to University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you’re coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 224 bed suburban Towson, MD campus. You’re embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority.
As a Registered Nurse at UM St. Joseph, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Free Parking & On-Site Fitness Center
- Recognition: We have a positive points recognition program designed to reward and recognize our outstanding employees; employees can also recognize their peers
- On-Site Daycare
The Performance Improvement Specialist-Stroke RN is responsible for patient care in collaboration with interdisciplinary health care providers to assess, plan, intervene, evaluate and document care in an individualized and age appropriate manner which promotes patient safety and healing and according to hospital policy
Assess & collaborates with patient, significant other and interdisciplinary health care providers to assess, plan, intervene, evaluate and document care in an individualized and age appropriate manner which promotes patients safety and healing and according to hospital policy. Completes initial assessment and screenings. Reassesses patient condition upon “hand off” and after therapeutic interventions. Assesses learning needs, readiness to learn and actual or potential barriers to learning.
Evaluate: Interprets and utilizes clinical data and history in the plan of care. Evaluates patient progress towards goals. Communicates patient “hand off” with appropriate detail (i.e. shift report guided by the plan of care or any other pertinent documents). Follows through that patient care issues are addressed following chain of command. Recognizes changes in patient condition, communicates to appropriate health care personnel.
Intervene: Promotes and maintains a safe, clean and orderly environment. Acts as a patient advocate and upholds patient rights. Delegates work to care team. Responds effectively in emergency situations. Documents accurately in a legible and timely manner. Provides medical and nursing therapeutic interventions. Maintains a therapeutic relationship with patients and family while providing care. Incorporates education into daily patient activity (i.e. medication, equipment, food-drug interactions).
Plan: Prioritizes and organizes work assignment and adjusts priorities based on changing situations. Recognizes and integrates patient special needs and individualizes care. Develops measurable plan of care goals congruent with evidenced based standards (e.g. core measures). Plans delivery of care according to patient acuity and staff competencies. Individualizes educational plan based on age, diagnosis, cultural and spiritual values. Consults and collaborates with other Health Care professionals. Anticipates potential length of stay or discharge problems and adjust plans.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- 2 year / Associate’s Degree: Nursing (Preferred)
- 4 year / Bachelor’s Degree: BS in Nursing and/or active pursuit of advanced degree or specialty certification. (Preferred)
Certification / Licensure / Registration
- *BLS Certification (Required)
- *State Registered Nurse License (Required)
- Certification in Specialty Area (Preferred)
Experience and Skills
- 2-4 years Epic experience (Preferred)
- 2-5 years RN stroke/neurology or cardiology experience (Required)
- Required Skills: Strong Verbal Communications Skills, Strong Written Communications Skills, Excellent Interpersonal Skills, General Clerical Skills, Basic Computer Skills, Excellent Organizational Skills, Strong Customer Services Skills, Proven Analytical Skills
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW