Performance Improvement Project Manager
Category: Allied Health
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: October 20, 2021
Under the direction of the Director of Performance Improvement, this position is responsible for supporting multiple Quality, Safety and Performance Improvement initiatives for project management by ensuring strategies are implemented and principles/practices are incorporated in the processes under transformation.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Over the course of a project, the Project Manager will need to communicate with staff and clients, make decisions and monitor the progress of the project to keep it on schedule. Important responsibilities for a Project Manager include:
- Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines
- Delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Communicating with executives or the board to keep the project aligned with their goals
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needs or financing for the project change
- Work with site personnel to identify, address, and eliminate process related obstacles assist in the change of systems/processes as required.
- Evaluate initiatives after improvements are implemented, documenting results to the Project Management files, and working with Director of Performance Improvement, Department Managers and Supervisors to resolve barriers during or after implementation and/or maintenance phases.
Required Minimum Education. The minimum level of education for this position includes:
- Bachelor of Science Degree or related discipline required.
- Knowledge of basic PDSA, Lean Six Sigma concepts and continuous improvement based tools and techniques preferred.
- Preferred Master’s Degree in related field.
- Preferred PMP Certification
- Preferred CAPM Certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Interpersonal skills, leadership skills, problem solving skills, multitasking skills, time management, flexibility.
Experience in project management.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)