Per Diem RN-Magee Rehab
Apply for Job
Center City, Philadelphia, PA
Add to Favorite Jobs
Email this Job
JOB SUMMARY: The rehabilitation staff nurse assists patients in adapting to an altered lifestyle, while providing a therapeutic environment. The RN does this by designing and implementing treatment strategies that are based on scientific nursing theory related to self-care and that promote physical, psycho-social and spiritual health.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Possess the specialized knowledge and clinical skills necessary to provide care for people with physical disabilities and chronic illnesses. .
- Coordinates educational activities and uses appropriate resources to develop and implement an individualized teaching and discharge plan with patients and their families.
- Provides direction and supervision of ancillary nursing personnel, demonstrates processional judgment, uses problem solving techniques and time-management principles and delegates appropriately.
- Contributes to always providing a safe and therapeutic environment and supports activities that promote patients’ goals and return to function and prevent complications.
- Provides hand-on nursing care by utilizing the nursing process to achieve quality outcomes for patients.
- Creates care plans for individual patients that address their needs in order to develop nursing diagnoses and interventions. Regularly evaluates plan of care as needed for goal attainment.
- Actively participates in team conferences and other team meetings as needed and disseminates up-to-date inter-disciplinary communication regarding patient status, guidelines on appropriate communication tools (whiteboards, other postings) to various care providers as needed.
- Executes all best practice initiatives for patient satisfaction that includes but not limited to bed-side reporting, rounding and other nursing imperatives and work flow processes.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills to develop a rapport with patients, their families, and other multi-disciplinary team members and to ensure the fulfillment of requirements for legal documentation and reimbursement.
- Acts as a resource and role model for nursing staff and students and participates in activities such as nursing, hospital-wide committees and projects and professional organizations that promote the improvement of nursing care and advancement of professional rehabilitation nursing practice.
- Applies nursing research to clinical practice and participates in nursing research activities.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) licensed in Pennsylvania.
- BSN is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of licensed professional nursing experience required OR sufficient medical surgical background, work experience for new graduates.
- Must possess sound knowledge of nursing principles, procedures, and standards of practice as determined by state and federal regulations.
- Must be able to communicate articulately and comprehend written and verbal communications in English.
- Must be able to function in a dynamic, rehabilitation team work environment.
Conditions of Employment
Since this position will require the selected candidate to engage in regular contact with children in the form of care, guidance, supervision or training, you will be required to meet the requirements of the Child Protective Services Act, including the Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check, the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare child abuse criminal background clearance, and an FBI finger print based federal criminal records check. The selected candidate will not be allowed to commence working until all three (3) are completed satisfactorily.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.