Per Diem Medical Assistant
YesterdayRequisition ID: 1009
Harbor Health is always seeking Medical Assistants to join our per diem pools at our community health center locations including Dorchester, Plymouth and Hyannis locations!
The Medical Assistant assists the providers by preparing patients to be seen by collecting and recording necessary data for health, weight, medication and allergies, performs simple lab tests such as urine dipstick, take and record temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure, performs vision testing, assist providers with simple procedures and other related duties and schedules additional laboratory tests and makes outside referral appointments as directed.
Essential Functions include:
• Prepares patients to see providers, collects and records data for visit purpose weight, and allergies.
• Performs and documents patient data and results for simple lab tests such as urine dipstick.
• Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure as indicated and performs vision testing using as required.
• Assists the providers with simple non-nursing procedures. -Schedules additional laboratory tests and makes outside referral appointments with direction from a provider.
• Assists in orientation and evaluation of new staff as assigned.
• Routinely stocks and cleans rooms, orders necessary supplies and prepares contaminated instruments for re-sterilization per policy and procedure.
• Performs organizational and operational processes with the department as assigned.
• Transcribes information and orders medical records via the NextGen EMR System for the prescription message line.
• Assures continuity of patient care by tracking and obtaining outstanding lab and test results for all patient visits.
• Performs EKG’s as ordered by providers.
• Answers department Medical Assistant’s Station telephone line.
• Assists quality improvements efforts within the department as assigned.
• Collaborates with other department staff to ensure patient access and continuity of care.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
High School Diploma/GED, Bilingual; English/Spanish, English/Portuguese highly desired, Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited program is required, 1+ years of experience preferred.
The following may be substituted for the MA Certification:
• Successful completion of 1 year of an accredited Nursing Degree Program (must present official transcript.)
• 2 years of college level health care related science courses as well as a Medical Assisting Certificate from a non-accredited school or program (i.e. hospital, community college or and adult education certificate program).
• CNA or Adult Education Medical Assisting Certificate Program with 2 years of experience performing Medical Assistant duties in a professional setting.
• LPN with current license.
• EMT Certification.
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employee M/F/V/D.