Family Medicine Residency
The Peer Recovery Coach will support the work of the Opioid Health Home (OHH) by providing non-clinical patient support on an interdisciplinary team. The Peer Recovery Coach will be an early and consistent point of contact for the patient throughout the recovery process and will serve as a patient advocate in program development and implementation.
- Lifelong learning relevant to job duties is required
- Is receiving or has received services and supports related to the diagnosis of substance use disorder and is willing to self-identify and connect on this basis with peers in the community
- Must be in active recovery, and willing to self-identify and connect on this basis with peers in the community, demonstrating a keen awareness of the stages of change and their individual wellness practices, and how each relates to their individual recovery process
- Knowledge about the harm reduction model and the ability to talk about harm reduction strategies to others
- Flexibility and resourcefulness, ability to advocate for self and others, ability to identify resources in the community to support recovery
- Ability to role-model strengths-based interactions and treat all members with respect
- Good communication skills and ability to establish rapport with patients, family members, caregivers, and providers
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide non-clinical patient support consistent with the values of a harm reduction model of care
- Create and maintain a database of community resources that aid in recovery which can be used as referral sources for patients
- Establish contact with patients early in the referral process to answer questions, set expectations, and describe next steps
- Meet with patients as needed throughout the recovery process for coaching and providing community resource referrals
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Attend weekly MAT group meetings and participate in co-facilitation of activities in group
Our mission is to provide exceptional healthcare services in a safe and trustful environment through expertise, commitment and compassion of our team members, with the vision of safe, reliable, high quality care for each patient, every day.
How do we make this happen? By creating and maintaining a culture where our values of compassion, integrity, citizenship, service excellence and community are lived out in observable behaviors during all interactions.
ABOUT CENTRAL MAINE HEALTHCARE:
Central Maine Healthcare (CMH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system serving 400,000 people living in central, western, and mid-coast Maine. CMH's hospital facilities include Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, Bridgton Hospital, and Rumford Hospital. CMH also supports Central Maine Medical Group, a primary and specialty care practice organization. Other system services include the Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute, a regional trauma program, LifeFlight of Maine's southern Maine base, the Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center, and other high quality clinical services.
About Central Maine Medical Center
Central Maine Medical Center (CMMC) located in Lewiston, is a Level II Trauma Center serving Androscoggin County and the surrounding region. "CMMC's Centers of Excellence" include the Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute, the Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit, and a Trauma Services Program. CMMC is also the southern Maine base for LifeFlight of Maine, the state's only medical helicopter service. Supported by the latest technologies, CMMC's skilled professionals provide outstanding care delivered with compassion, kindness, and understanding. Learn more at: www.cmmc.org.
Part of Central Maine Healthcare, Bridgton Hospital serves the town of Bridgton and surrounding areas in Maine as part of an integrated regional healthcare system committed to improved access and a uniform standard of care. Bridgton Hospital was named as one of 17 top rural hospitals in the nation for the third consecutive year in 2018.
Part of Central Maine Healthcare, Rumford Hospital serves the town of Rumford and surrounding areas in Maine as part of an integrated regional healthcare system committed to improved access and a uniform standard of care. In 2018, Rumford Hospital was named one of 17 top rural hospitals in the nation by the Leapfrog Group; in 2016, it was designated a Pathway to Excellence® organization by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Learn more at: www.rumfordhospital.org.
Central Maine Healthcare is equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.