Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
PT BE 20-39 HRS
2 days agoRequisition ID: 1692
The Pediatric Nurse Practitioner provides care appropriate to the Pediatric patient population served, including routine health maintenance, management of chronic conditions, and management of acute illness for patients.
Position is 20 hours weekly at the Daniel Driscoll Neponset Health Center. Hours can be somewhat flexible but will include one evening weekly and one Saturday rotation monthly.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous PTO with 11 additional holidays annually, reimbursement for licensing fees, prorated CME stipend with additional CME leave time. Our locations are also eligible for federal and state loan repayment programs!
- Serves as primary care provider to a panel of Pediatric patients.
- Organizes and manages the care of primary care patients, including outpatient visits, communication with patients by mail, email or phone, inpatient care, referral for specialty care, provision of or referral for patient education for self-management, assesses health risks, promotes and provides disease prevention, and practices evidenced based medicine.
- Provides routine health maintenance by performing interval well visits which may include a complete history and physical, developmental assessment, risk assessment, and health promotion education, follows up on any problems detected and makes appropriate referrals for additional services required, including, nutrition, social services, behavioral health, specialty care.
- Provides timely and expert care to patients with acute illness.
- Manages common chronic illnesses, including acute complications and routine follow-up. Provides or arranges for appropriate patient education regarding self-management of chronic illnesses.
- Participates in an on-call system with other providers in the Center and with other providers at affiliated health centers that provides 24-hour access to a provider for our patients; effectively triages problems described on telephone calls, determines the need for admission of patients to the hospital when presenting to the emergency room, through either telephone consultation with ER staff, or in person and provides communication to providers regarding their inpatients and on-call activity.
- Participates in evening/weekend/holiday clinic schedule to provide face to face care, follow up visits, acute care and other clinical services to patients.
- Participates in provider staff meetings, departmental meetings, general staff meetings, trainings, care team meetings and quality improvement/practice transformation sessions.
- Participates in managed care plans and assists the Center by reinforcing patient understanding of such plans, makes appropriate, cost efficient referrals and admission decisions and refers only to participating specialists; provides guidance and monitoring of systems necessary for the function of managed care programs.
- Provides credentialing information on a timely basis.
- Updates Electronic Medical Record (EMR) appropriately using proper coding and documents care accordingly; accurately and timely documents care in the medical record with progress notes, lab follow-ups, communications with patients; maintains a current problem list, medication flow sheet, immunization record and other appropriate information.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Completed accredited Nurse Practitioner program in Pediatrics
- Current Massachusetts NP license, Board Eligible/Board Certified
- Current DEA, Mass Controlled Substance Registration and BLS for Healthcare Providers required
- Computer Literate including Excel, Word and Outlook, knowledge of Electronic Medical Record, EPIC/OCHIN highly desired.
- Experience with a community health center population and practice setting preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Hours can be somewhat flexible but will include one evening session weekly and one Saturday rotation monthly.