Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
We are currently looking for a Patient Care Tech to join our Surgical Telemetry Unit at our Downtown Campus. This is a night shift position.
- Under supervision of the Registered Nurse, provide direct patient care by assisting the RN to meet patient and family needs.
- Maintains clean and orderly work the patient care environment
- Assists in patient care, including examinations and procedures.
- Obtains and records patient vital signs, heights, and weights, intake and output, and reports results and observations.
- Routinely performs EKG, and other unit specific duties.
- Provides or assists with non-medicated support care, including non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, etc.
- Assists with patient preparation for surgery or other procedure.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients.
- Assists in the setup, removal, and cleaning of equipment. Identifies malfunctioning equipment.
Minimum Work Experience
One year experience desired. Prior experience as aNursing Technician or equivalent is highly preferred. Military medicalspecialist training is desirable.
High school diploma or equivalent
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 70 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating affiliates and subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries and/or affiliates of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries and/or affiliates of LifePoint Health, Inc.