At Central Maine Healthcare our team members are committed to providing exceptional care and experiences for our community and for each other every day.
Position Summary: The Payroll Supervisor is responsible for proper payment of weekly and bi-weekly payroll. The individual is also responsible for proper payment of federal, social security and state taxes on a timely basis. The Payroll Supervisor is accountable for pay calculations and payroll deductions, withholdings including taxes, pension plan, health, life, dental insurances, etc. Responsible to resolve payroll problems and respond to employee questions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
1. Processes payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
2. Processes direct deposits electronically via computer terminal.
3. Complies with Standing Orders Payroll Policy and Procedures.
4. Processes voided manual and checks through the terminal following specified procedures to maintain all impacted wages and deductions to be recorded in the next payroll period.
5. Enters manual checks (rush checks) requested with proper authorization into the computerized system following established procedures and maintain control of check numbers used and adhere to system constraints for accounting.
6. Provides badge swipe orientation on a monthly basis to new RN’s.
7. Prints checks for distribution to proper departments and journals for support to the general ledger position.
8. Maintains a professional relationship with employees, cost center managers and supervisors, to ensure accurate and efficient processing of payroll.
9. Maintains work functionality.
10. Processes accurate check requests for employee deduction withholdings while assuring accurate general ledger number coding in a timely fashion.
11. Controls all documents received each day and assesses for action needed as prioritized by Director.
12. Assists with annual audit and pulls all requested payroll information within response time established by Director.
13. Maintains payroll files to ensure expeditious retrieval and secure storage of information within response time established by Director.
14. Maintains check and voucher number control logs and manual records check run.
15. Maintains complete, accurate, and up-to-date payroll files.
16. Monitors payroll for correct information; investigates invoice or payment errors.
17. Processes separate payroll checks for bonus payments and termination pay.
18. Verifies employee HFAF/COS forms recorded by Human Resources for accuracy and reports discrepancies to HR for correction.
19. Answers the telephone professionally and in a timely manner; direct calls appropriately.
20. Demonstrates the ability to be organized and flexible.
21. Provides occasional training and ongoing support for timekeepers.
22. Processes payroll deduction changes initiated by Human Resources and employees.
23. Processes changes for direct deposits.
24. Processes verification of employment forms for banking institutions.
25. Processes W-4 changes.
26. Processes 941 Quarterly Wage Statements for State and IRS in a timely fashion.
27. Processes W-2 Statements for employees and files proper forms accordingly to State and IRS Social Security Administration.
28. Maintains accurate and up-to-date balance sheets for payroll withholdings.
29. Processes journal entries for payroll withholdings to proper general ledger account numbers
30. Reviews automated time and attendance records for swiping problems.
31. Downloads daily production hours of ATA for Decision Support.
32. Enters timecards into ATA and computer terminal accurately.
33. Resolves manager and employee payroll issues on the ATA in a timely fashion.
34. Accepts other duties as assigned.
35. Performs month end closing procedures.
36. Supervises payroll staff and daily workflow.
37. Verification of biweekly direct deposits.
38. Verification of biweekly payroll tax transmittals.
39. Customer Service: Interacts with all individuals in a consistent manner, providing attention, support, and assistance to foster an environment of exceptional personal service.
a. Maintains a pleasant and helpful demeanor, and presents a professional appearance toward all internal and external customers at all times.
b. Consistently initiates interaction to provide assistance to individuals who may not be direct customers of the employee (i.e. asks patients who appear to be lost if they need assistance in finding their way).
c. Takes appropriate action to recover from a service difficulty, ensuring that the necessary action is taken to affect a resolution to the customer’s problem.
d. Conducts all work activities with respect for coworkers, including the maintenance of a pleasant and professional environment, fostering calmness during stressful situations.
e. Interacts with supervisory personnel in a professional, supportive and courteous manner, venting emotions appropriate to time and place.
f. Demonstrates a commitment to service by consistent attendance and punctuality, scheduling absences according to departmental requirements, and incurring unplanned absences only when unavoidable circumstances exist.
40. Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
41. Completes annual education requirements.
42. Maintains regulatory requirements.
43. Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
44. Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
45. Completes inservices and returns in a timely fashion.
46. Attends annual review and department inservices, as scheduled.
47. Attends at least 75% staff meetings annually, reads and returns all monthly staff meeting minutes.
48. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
49. Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
50. Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
51. Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department.
52. Confidentiality: Maintains confidentiality of information at all times.
a. Consistently maintains confidentiality of all information gained during the course of employment, respecting the privacy of others.
b. Understands and maintains the confidentiality of information communicated directly from the supervisor, including discussions of a counseling nature.
c. Follows policies and procedures related to medico legal matters, including confidentiality, amendments of medical records, patient rights, medical records as legal evidence and informed consent
d. Copies records according to policy, assuring the appropriateness of the individual requesting information from the record prior to copying, faxing, or phoning any portion of the record.
53. Safety: Demonstrates an understanding of fire and electrical safety, infection control, body mechanics, and related areas, as appropriate to position.
a. Attends mandatory in-services on fire safety, electrical safety, infection control, and body mechanics. Successfully completes competency-based training in each area.
b. Follows all employee health procedures, incident reporting, and infection control requirements at all times, as appropriate to the position.
c. Uses proper body mechanics at all times as required by the physical demands of the position.
d. Maintains a safe work environment and performs duties of the position in a manner consistent with ensuring the safety of self and others.
e. Identifies safety needs in areas outside own work environment, recommending corrective action as appropriate.
54. Expense Control: Performs job duties in a manner that maximizes expense control.
a. Uses supplies, equipment, and utilities in an expeditious manner
b. Consistently recommends methods to control costs while maintaining a high degree of customer service.
c. Performs job tasks efficiently and effectively resulting in no unplanned overtime.
• High School diploma with one year of schooling in business courses.
• Minimum experience, if any: Three to five years of accounts payable experience.
• Other: The individual must be accurate with numbers, possess the ability to communicate verbally and in writing, work under pressure, and organizational skills. The position also requires previous experience in typing 60 wpm, using a calculator, computer and printer.
• Able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Additional languages preferred.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
If you are passionate about making a difference and are looking for your next great career opportunity, we look forward to reviewing your application!
Posted 30+ Days Ago
AT CENTRAL MAINE HEALTHCARE YOU ARE AT THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING WE DO
Our why, our purpose, drives every decision and action we take as a healthcare system. We strive everyday to deliver exceptional care, and to improve our community. We are a non-profit organization that is breaking the traditional healthcare mold by bringing our patients and their family’s high value, low cost, and award-winning care while focusing on creating an exceptional experience for them; all within their communities. To accomplish this, we only hire individuals who are committed to excellence, who embody the principles of our CMH Experience Service Standards, and who are ready to step in and help their fellow team members achieve those exceptional results for our patients, their families, and the community.
Central Maine Healthcare System
The organization is broad in its footprint, with three (3) hospitals in Bridgton, Lewiston, and Rumford, and over 75 individual practices within our Medical Group. Lewiston’s Central Maine Medical Center is a certified and award-winning level two trauma center, along with our Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute and the upcoming highly anticipated launch of our comprehensive state of the art cancer treatment center. Both Bridgton and Rumford Hospitals are four (4) star accredited acute care hospitals, and our Medical Group and Maine Urgent Care Centers have won multiple awards within their specialties. As a system we are a six-time winner of the Leapfrog Safety A Rating since 2019, representing some of the highest quality care and outcomes nationwide. Our awards and accolades are only possible as a result of our commitment to culture, and a focus on safety and inclusion, in each of our patient’s experiences and in the experiences we create within our teams.
If you are a person who is looking for a way to give back to your community, to help improve the lives of patients or those who care for our patients, want to be part of a growing organization that is setting the bar for Maine healthcare, apply to join Central Maine Healthcare today!
Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
CMH actively promotes diversity in its workforce at all levels of the organization. We strive to create and maintain a setting where we celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization. CMH is an equal opportunity workforce and no one shall discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status with respect to any offer, or term or condition, of employment. We make reasonable accommodations to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.