Payroll Financial Analyst II, Human Resources "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
Professional / Management
- Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, US
09/24/2021, 11:49 AM
Payroll Financial Analyst II, Human Resources
40 hours per week, day shift
JOB SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, responsible for leading both minor and major systems and continuous improvement projects, system testing, account reconciliations, account analysis, bank account reconciliations (Credit Unions also), tax deposits, Direct Deposit and Positive Pay processing, creating wire transfer requests, processing approval of specific electronic pay requests for accounts payable and, all other duties as requested or assigned as the department needs or requires.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, HR, Finance, Accounting or related field with five years' lead payroll or accounting experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with a medical center payroll environment preferred. Experience with analytical review, account reconciliation and, compliance rules and regulations and PeopleSoft payroll and time and labor preferred. Master's degree and/or Payroll Certification recommended/preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Certified Payroll Professional preferred.
- Works with project manager to lead/support special continuous improvement payroll projects. Completes project analysis, identify process improvements, develop test plans and perform accurate and thorough tests. Documents the entire process and comment on any concerns, risks or issues found. Keep accurate records of all special projects with outcomes if appropriate.
- Enhances the payroll customer service experience through improvement of the process, obtains and improves not more than a 24-hour response rate, determines root cause analysis, and proposes continuous improvement solution projects.
- Responsible for prioritizing, testing and, documenting PeopleSoft/Payroll modifications. Works directly with IS department/payroll project manager on both functional and technical payroll system improvements, concerns and, issues. Works with and becomes Payroll PeopleSoft subject matter expert/super user.
- Works with internal audit on compliance initiatives and audits. Addresses compliance concerns by performing periodic reviews of payroll processes. Provides reports to management outlining any risks or any recommendations for improvement.
- Helps with Addressing IT remedy tickets, become a PPS Time and Labor expert from a payroll perspective.
- Serves as the liaison for providing payroll guidance and support to internal and external customers when requested. Provides excellent customer service by assisting with the payroll telephone help line and payroll email as necessary.
- Reconciles all payroll related accounts on a monthly basis and if any account shows any type of variance it will be researched and corrected before the next month?s processes. Ensures payroll related accounts are reconciled to the General Ledger.
- Knowledge of processing pay requests for all taxes withheld each pay period (submit to Treasury Department). Prepares and maintains a process to track all tax deposits and ensure balancing of all tax related accounts for both quarterly and annual tax reports. Responsible for meeting with each employee who is considered a non-resident of the USA and collecting all necessary paperwork to determine the employees appropriate tax withholding status.
- Researches and verifies requests for special pay and electronic pay before approving payment. Specific accounts have been identified that need approval from a compliance standpoint before they should be approved for payment to ensure compliance with all tax regulations.
- Assists with processing of payroll and labor distribution when needed and as assigned for departmental support.
- Performs various projects and tasks as assigned by manager.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of payroll regulations, FLSA, DOL, legal requirements
- Knowledge of IRS DOL, FLSA, and Publication 15 requirements and/or regulations related to payroll Proficient knowledge of query manager and Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint) applications
- Ability to develop, write test plans and lead projects within the organization.
- Ability to develop, write, lead training programs.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement appropriate internal controls and segregation of duties within the workplace and the department
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff members and external department representatives
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Due to financial nature of position, possess bondable and credit worthy attributes
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, and PeopleSoft HCM/Payroll.
- Ability to write, manage queries, and knowledge of access a plus.
- Clean, well-lit and comfortable office setting
- Subject to pressure and deadlines
- Occasionally subject to irregular hours
0% 35% 65% to to to 35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.