Patients Accounts/Billing Supervisor
FT 40 HRS
YesterdayRequisition ID: 1449
The Patient Accounts Supervisor is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations and functions of the Patient Accounts Office and will provide coverage for the Patient Accounts Manager as needed.
- Performs analytical reports on timely billings and claims production for the department.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Works closely with other departments for accurate processing of claims.
- Handles patient/s complaint/s filed by the Patient Accounts Associate/s (PAA), Senior Patient Accounts Associate/s (Senior PAA) or Patient Accounts Team Leader/s (PATL) regarding billing issues.
- Provides direct supervision of PATLs; indirect supervision for Senior PAAs and PAAs.
- Collaborates with Patient Accounts Manager to provide performance counseling as needed to team members.
- Ensures that performance evaluations of direct reports as well as all employees in their teams are completed timely and are an accurate reflection of the employees’ strength and weaknesses.
- Assists the Manager with on-boarding and evaluating of PAAs and Senior PAAs.
- Provides training and orientation to new PAAs, Senior PAAs and Team Leaders.
- Works with appropriate personnel to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of NextGen and OCHIN EPIC functions for billing.
- Holds weekly 1:1s with Patient Account Team Leaders, and documents appropriately.
- Maintains the Compass (company Intranet) pages for Patient Accounts Department and training pages for Patient Access Representatives, Harbor wide.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent; Associates degree in related field preferred.
- 3 years of proven experience as a medical/dental biller of which at least 6 months was in a supervisory or team lead role.
- Must have knowledge in billing of medical and dental claims.
- Must be able to utilize a computer proficiently.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Proven ability of problem solving.
- Ability to accurately answer day-to-day questions from Team Leaders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily workflow.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must be a Team player.
- Nextgen Reporting skills preferred.
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.