Patient Transporter FT Nights, Winston Salem Campus "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
- Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, US
09/24/2021, 08:08 AM
Provides exceptional hospitality service to patients and guests in an attentive, friendly, and efficient manner. Transports patients to and from clinical, ancillary and support areas via wheelchair, stretcher or beds as requested including patients with oxygen tanks, intravenous pumps, drips and special equipment. Other responsibilities include locating, storing, and cleaning departmental equipment.
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Prior experience in hospital environment, patient care, and transportation preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
CPR course required within 30 days of hire. Completion of Oxygen Training class with certification for administering oxygen required.
- Transports patients to and from clinical, ancillary and support areas via wheelchair, stretcher or beds.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, self, guests and co-workers.
- Knowledgeable of transporting patients with oxygen, intravenous pumps and restraints.
- Communicates to team, co-workers, patients and guests in a positive and professional manner.
- Takes initiative for performance and professional development.
- Knowledgeable of all aspects and functionalities of the Transport Tracking System.
- Provides age/developmentally appropriate assistance in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
- Good communication skills to interact with patient, guests and clinical staff
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Requires much walking, lifting and physical exertion
- Must be able to walk for long periods
- Ability to transport patients to various on-campus locations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must demonstrate competence in areas of body mechanics to identify and show proficiency in moving a patient without injury to the patient or individual
- Possible exposure to infections and contagious diseases
- Exposure to the risk of bloodborne diseases
- Subject to injury from moving parts of equipment
- Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
- Possible exposure to patient elements
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
- Subject to many interruptions and pressure to multiple calls and inquiries
- Occasionally subject to irregular hours
- Handles absentee replacement on short notice
- Personal protective equipment required including eye/face protection, gown, mask and non-sterile medical gloves
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.