State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Patient Transport Assistant (Per Diem)
This close affiliation with BIDMC, since 2000, has facilitated the clinical integration of staff and resources in emergency medicine, hospital medicine (hospitalists), cardiology, radiology, orthopaedics, general surgery, pathology and oncology. Physicians in Needham maintain very close relationships with the staff at BIDMC; so in cases where patients need to be transferred from Needham to Boston for more advanced care, there are systems in place to make that transition happen quickly.Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 37749BR
Job Summary: Performs a variety of duties including transportation, stocking supplies and as assigned to help ensure the smooth functioning of all units.
- Consistently demonstrates competence transporting patients to different departments as instructed.
- Consistently responds to pages in a timely manner.
- Assists patient into wheelchairs or stretchers, maintaining patient safety and proper body mechanics.
- Demonstrates responsibility for observation and application of sound judgment for patients' mental and physical condition and applies safety measures as necessary.
- Always report to the nurse any observations, patient complaints and other pertinent information regarding the condition of the patient.
- Currently enrolled in High School Program required,High School diploma or GED preferred
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Written Communications:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work:Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply