Search Our Jobs
State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Patient Transport Assistant (40hrs, Day/Evening)
Req ID: 39817BR
Job Summary: Performs a variety of duties including transportation, stocking supplies and as assigned to help ensure the smooth functioning of all units.
- Consistently demonstrates competence transporting patients to different departments as instructed.
- Consistently responds to pages in a timely manner.
- Assists patient into wheelchairs or stretchers, maintaining patient safety and proper body mechanics.
- Demonstrates responsibility for observation and application of sound judgment for patients' mental and physical condition and applies safety measures as necessary.
- Always report to the nurse any observations, patient complaints and other pertinent information regarding the condition of the patient.
- Currently enrolled in High School Program required,High School diploma or GED preferred
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Written Communications:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work:Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply