Patient Service Representative- San Luis Obispo (Primary & Specialty Care)
San Luis Obispo,CA
$25.46 – $36.47 Hourly
July 10, 2021
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
- Minimum 2 year experience working in a fast pace clinic setting, preferably in a multispecialty practice.
- Ability to work effectively with patients, physicians and staff in a diplomatic and professional manner in order to maximize suite operations.
- Skill in prioritizing assignments and managing multiple tasks.
- Prior experience with team building skills to include supervisory lead experience.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team in order to provide effective patient care.
- Working knowledge of EHR including appointment scheduling, procedure scheduling, the encounter system, hospital lab results and medical reports.
- Skill in monitoring complex clinician appointment schedules.
- Skill in speaking clearly and distinctly in person and over the telephone, using appropriate grammar and vocabulary in order to share information, effectively communicate, share and obtain information with persons from diverse social, economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to interact diplomatically and sympathetically with patients, their families, and the general public in a high volume, continuous public contact setting.
- Skill in performing with frequent interruptions and/or distractions including the ability to accept equivocal circumstances and respond to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Typing ability to prepare forms, manuscripts or correspondence with speed and accuracy.
- Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction and in setting priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of assignments. Ability to accept directions from management and act promptly.
- Knowledge of medical terminology. Working knowledge of medical insurance plans and types of coverage provided.
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered