State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Patient Service Representative - Lead
Req ID: 36425BR
Job Summary: Collaborates with Practice Manager and coordinates quality initiatives as well as administrative aspects of a Patient Service call center. Provides commitment to the highest quality of service to patients, providers, and others.
- Collects, analyzes and reports all Service Center data, including inbound calls, e-mail, and facsimile messages, to ensure that the Center is run efficiently and resources utilized optimally. Reviews all emergency call handling procedures and ensures prescribed practices are employed relative to the execution of all emergency calls.
- Generates multiple reports; collects and analyzes data and provides follow-ups as directed. Prepares reports for division management and others on a consistent and ongoing basis. Oversees the maintenance of appropriate databases and clinical information required by the Patient Service Center (i.e. Clinical Daily Schedule Sheets, Staff Hierarchy database, Log-in passwords/Names, etc.).
- Prepares detailed staff schedules. Organizes the work of support staff, coordinating and prioritizing workflow. Monitors Patient Service Representatives to ensure a consistency of quality on all call processing. Provides training to develop customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Leads quality project initiatives including but not limited to service excellence training, patient/physician satisfaction surveys, and resource tool development for appointment access. Collaborates with division leadership on other ambulatory initiatives and projects.
- Maintains work aids and training guides for staffing ensuring accuracy
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred in Business
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Call Center and/or telephone customer service experience.
- Strong typing skills 40+ wpm. Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience in outpatient healthcare services.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply