Patient Service Representative
Central Maine ENT
Req #: 29716
The position of Patient Services Representative, CMH (PSR), is responsible for performing diversified coordination and participation in a variety of duties associated with daily clinic preparation process, patient identification, patient check in/out, charge posting, cash management and patient appointment scheduling. Position also involves customer service, message distribution, and ancillary scheduling and preparation and referrals management. Responsible for accurate and complete patient accounts based on organization standards, policies and procedures, HIPAA , and compliance with regulatory agencies, to include but not limited to pre-registration and registration functions. The PSR performs all functions under guidance and direction from the Practice Manager.
- Serves as the champion of the patient experience
- Engages patients utilizing exceptional customer service practices in alignment with the Five Must Haves;
- Greet people with a smile, friendly eye contact and say hello
- Take people where they are going, rather than point or give directions
- Use key words at key times. "Is there anything else I can do for you?"
- Foster an attitude of gratitude.
- Round with reason and purpose.
- Prepares for clinic visits by reviewing next day patients and completing next day preparation activities.
- Maintains private physician office charts.
- Checks-in patient upon arrival in the practice. Identify correct patient information in Cerner Revenue Cycle. Verify patient demographic data. Present and educate patients on required forms and obtain signature as required by policy and procedure.
- Collects and posts payments and balances on accounts. Completes daily reconciliation of cash, reconciliation of appointment and charges and follow procedures according to standards. Copy, files and scans insurance cards as indicated by procedure.
- Utilizes centralized scheduling system and software applications to schedule appointments. Verifies and updates patients' demographic information, eligibility, and transfers to registration for update per organization policy, procedures and standards.
- Schedules tests and procedures. Completes and distributes ancillary service requisitions.
- Checks-out patients. Makes return appointments by scheduling patients into the correct appointment type, entering the primary care provider or referring provider and scheduling tests and procedures.
- Communicates with patients and staff by using multiple advanced communication tools, including phone call handling telecommunication system, emails, faxes and on-line chats and on-line scheduling applications.
- Answers telephone, take and deliver messages to physicians, nurses and others. Reports obtained medical information from patients and referring provider accurately, completely and timely. Disseminate messages, mail and forms according to practice communication standards.
- Upholds CMH policies and procedures.
- Participates in orientation, training programs and attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or described by the organization's policy.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of work experience in directly communicating and providing service to patients or public; preferably in a healthcare related field
- Prior medical office experience and knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with data entry/keyboarding
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks or activities simultaneously to provide an exceptional patient experience
- Ability to prioritize and use critical thinking skills
- Effectively communicate with patients in a supportive and tactful manner
- Identify and apply effective service recovery opportunities
- Ability to remain calm in a busy or stressful situation
- Represent the organization in a positive manner, support and encourages strong morale within the team and maintain effective, professional relationships with others
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES:
Our mission is to provide exceptional healthcare services in a safe and trustful environment through expertise, commitment and compassion of our team members, with the vision of safe, reliable, high quality care for each patient, every day.
How do we make this happen? By creating and maintaining a culture where our values of compassion, integrity, citizenship, service excellence and community are lived out in observable behaviors during all interactions.
ABOUT CENTRAL MAINE HEALTHCARE:
Central Maine Healthcare (CMH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system serving 400,000 people living in central, western, and mid-coast Maine. CMH's hospital facilities include Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, Bridgton Hospital, and Rumford Hospital. CMH also supports Central Maine Medical Group, a primary and specialty care practice organization. Other system services include the Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute, a regional trauma program, LifeFlight of Maine's southern Maine base, the Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center, and other high quality clinical services.
About Central Maine Medical Center
Central Maine Medical Center (CMMC) located in Lewiston, is a Level II Trauma Center serving Androscoggin County and the surrounding region. "CMMC's Centers of Excellence" include the Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute, the Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit, and a Trauma Services Program. CMMC is also the southern Maine base for LifeFlight of Maine, the state's only medical helicopter service. Supported by the latest technologies, CMMC's skilled professionals provide outstanding care delivered with compassion, kindness, and understanding. Learn more at: www.cmmc.org.
About Bridgton Hospital
Part of Central Maine Healthcare, Bridgton Hospital serves the town of Bridgton and surrounding areas in Maine as part of an integrated regional healthcare system committed to improved access and a uniform standard of care. Bridgton Hospital was named as one of 17 top rural hospitals in the nation for the third consecutive year in 2018.
About Rumford Hospital
Part of Central Maine Healthcare, Rumford Hospital serves the town of Rumford and surrounding areas in Maine as part of an integrated regional healthcare system committed to improved access and a uniform standard of care. In 2018, Rumford Hospital was named one of 17 top rural hospitals in the nation by the Leapfrog Group; in 2016, it was designated a Pathway to Excellence® organization by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Learn more at: www.rumfordhospital.org.
Central Maine Healthcare is equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© 2021 HealthcareSource HR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.