Patient Service Rep
At Central Maine Healthcare our team members are committed to providing exceptional care and experiences for our community and for each other every day.
Position Summary: The position of Patient Services Representative, CMH (PSR), is responsible for performing diversified coordination and participation in a variety of duties associated with daily clinic preparation process, patient identification, patient check in/out, charge posting, cash management and patient appointment scheduling. Position also involves customer service, message distribution, and ancillary scheduling and preparation and referrals management. Responsible for accurate and complete patient accounts based on organization standards, policies and procedures, HIPAA , and compliance with regulatory agencies, to include but not limited to pre-registration and registration functions. The PSR performs all functions under guidance and direction from the Practice Manager.
1) Serves as the champion of the patient experience
2) Engages patients utilizing exceptional customer service practices in alignment with the Five Must Haves;
i. Greet people with a smile, friendly eye contact and say hello
ii. Take people where they are going, rather than point or give directions
iii. Use key words at key times. “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
iv. Foster an attitude of gratitude.
v. Round with reason and purpose.
3) Prepares for clinic visits by reviewing next day patients and completing next day preparation activities.
4) Maintains private physician office charts.
5) Checks-in patient upon arrival in the practice. Identify correct patient information in Cerner Revenue Cycle. Verify patient demographic data. Present and educate patients on required forms and obtain signature as required by policy and procedure.
6) Collects and posts payments and balances on accounts. Completes daily reconciliation of cash, reconciliation of appointment and charges and follow procedures according to standards. Copy, files and scans insurance cards as indicated by procedure.
7) Utilizes centralized scheduling system and software applications to schedule appointments. Verifies and updates patients' demographic information, eligibility, and transfers to registration for update per organization policy, procedures and standards.
8) Schedules tests and procedures. Completes and distributes ancillary service requisitions.
9) Checks-out patients. Makes return appointments by scheduling patients into the correct appointment type, entering the primary care provider or referring provider and scheduling tests and procedures.
10) Communicates with patients and staff by using multiple advanced communication tools, including phone call handling telecommunication system, emails, faxes and on-line chats and on-line scheduling applications.
11) Answers telephone, take and deliver messages to physicians, nurses and others. Reports obtained medical information from patients and referring provider accurately, completely and timely. Disseminate messages, mail and forms according to practice communication standards.
12) Upholds CMH policies and procedures.
13) Participates in orientation, training programs and attends meetings as required.
14) Performs other related duties as assigned or described by the organization’s policy.
Education and Experience:
1) High school diploma or equivalent
2) Minimum of one year of work experience in directly communicating and providing service to patients or public; preferably in a healthcare related field
3) Prior medical office experience and knowledge of medical terminology preferred
4) Demonstrated proficiency with data entry/keyboarding
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1) Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
2) Ability to perform multiple tasks or activities simultaneously to provide an exceptional patient experience
3) Ability to prioritize and use critical thinking skills
4) Effectively communicate with patients in a supportive and tactful manner
5) Identify and apply effective service recovery opportunities
6) Ability to remain calm in a busy or stressful situation
7) Represent the organization in a positive manner, support and encourages strong morale within the team and maintain effective, professional relationships with others
If you are passionate about making a difference and are looking for your next great career opportunity, we look forward to reviewing your application!
Posted 13 Days Ago
AT CENTRAL MAINE HEALTHCARE YOU ARE AT THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING WE DO
Our why, our purpose, drives every decision and action we take as a healthcare system. We strive everyday to deliver exceptional care, and to improve our community. We are a non-profit organization that is breaking the traditional healthcare mold by bringing our patients and their family’s high value, low cost, and award-winning care while focusing on creating an exceptional experience for them; all within their communities. To accomplish this, we only hire individuals who are committed to excellence, who embody the principles of our CMH Experience Service Standards, and who are ready to step in and help their fellow team members achieve those exceptional results for our patients, their families, and the community.
Central Maine Healthcare System
The organization is broad in its footprint, with three (3) hospitals in Bridgton, Lewiston, and Rumford, and over 75 individual practices within our Medical Group. Lewiston’s Central Maine Medical Center is a certified and award-winning level two trauma center, along with our Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute and the upcoming highly anticipated launch of our comprehensive state of the art cancer treatment center. Both Bridgton and Rumford Hospitals are four (4) star accredited acute care hospitals, and our Medical Group and Maine Urgent Care Centers have won multiple awards within their specialties. As a system we are a six-time winner of the Leapfrog Safety A Rating since 2019, representing some of the highest quality care and outcomes nationwide. Our awards and accolades are only possible as a result of our commitment to culture, and a focus on safety and inclusion, in each of our patient’s experiences and in the experiences we create within our teams.
If you are a person who is looking for a way to give back to your community, to help improve the lives of patients or those who care for our patients, want to be part of a growing organization that is setting the bar for Maine healthcare, apply to join Central Maine Healthcare today!