Patient Scheduling Coordinator, Ophthalmology, Winston Salem "Job Details"
Mocksville, NC, United States
- 329 NC 801 N, Mocksville, NC, 27028, US
07/04/2021, 5:11 PM
Under general supervision, performs patient scheduling functions and check out duties in addition to a significant amount of higher level work including a combination of TES (transaction editing system) duties, medical coding, lead responsibilities, financial coordination, etc.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED equivalent and three years clerical experience, six months of which must be at Patient Scheduling Coordinator level or equivalent.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Must complete certification program and maintain accuracy standards. BCLS required within 30 days of hire.
- Schedules clinical appointments for new and returning patients with independent judgment and discretion to priority using the IDX system. Follows Clinical Operations standards to promote a cooperative work and patient care environment.
- Coordinates extensive laboratory work and diagnostic testing for patients using LastWord, NotesLink, Logician, etc., or manual lab slips; anticipates necessary lab work and testing based on knowledge of patient needs.
- Makes daily judgments over the telephone as to the timeframe in which patients should be seen based on experience and the examination of patient charts.
- Performs complex coordination among WFUHS physicians, external physicians, patients, nurses, and outside testing laboratories to assure that all necessary tests are performed and paperwork is complete. Coordinates departmental consult service as directed.
- Coordinates testing for inpatients, using judgment and discretion as to the seriousness of condition to properly plan for transportation, timeframe of tests, and types of test performed.
- Assures that each patient's chart is fully prepared prior to the visit, including chart work-up.
- Answers inquiries concerning clinic policies and procedures. Initiates and facilitates the resolution of patient issues and complaints utilizing other Medical Center professionals as needed. Practices excellent customer service skills. Accommodates patient's special needs (e.g., interpreter).
- Assists in the training of less experienced personnel as instructed.
- Processes transaction editing system (TES) files by obtaining requested information. Performs medical coding as needed to assure proper billing for services rendered.
- Coordinates surgeries using discretion as to timeframes, instruments needed, room availability, and physician schedule. Obtains precertification and coordinates activities with NCBH as required. Assures that patient has all necessary information.
- Performs financial duties such as authorizing or obtaining authorization for insurance, reviewing encounter forms, assisting with medical coding, providing assistance to patients regarding billing questions, etc.
- Complete required educational programs to remain current on job responsibilities and fulfill compliance requirements. Successfully completes the WFUP Certification Program. Attends and participates in the development of the WFUP Clinical Operations Departmental meetings regularly.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of third party payor requirements and basic knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding or willingness to complete these courses upon employment Data entry accuracy of 5000 kph with 3% or less error rate Ability to function independently in an intensive clinical setting Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously Experience using IDX, Medipac and LastWord Experience with managed care or health insurance company Strong customer service focus.
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.
Patient Scheduling Coordinator, Ophthalmology, Winston-Salem
Mocksville, NC, United States
Scheduling Coordinator, Scheduling Center, Winston Salem
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
Sr. Patient Scheduling Coord, Surgery Neurosurgery, Winston Salem
High Point, NC, United States
Location is Winston-Salem (not High Point)
- Location is Winston-Salem (not High Point)
Patient Service Coordinator, PART TIME, Winston Salem
Winston-Salem, NC, United States