Greet, Instruct and schedules patients, registers patients into the computer system, and determines their insurance benefits. Serve as a liaison between patient and clinical support staff.
- High school education or equivalent
- 2 years in a front office using Medical Management software
- Typing or data entry at 40 wpm
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and coding
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Greets patients in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Checks-in patients, verifies and updates demographic and insurance information to the medical record.
- Collects payments and enters charges into computer system.
- Registers new patients into computer system and verifies all patients’ addresses, telephone numbers and insurance information.
- Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages, and conveys information to appropriate parties.
- Proficiency with medical office technology systems.
- Maintains work area and reception area in neat and orderly manner.
- Advises Office Manager of problems and concerns in the Front Office and helps in problem solving.
- Attends educational and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Must be able to work with other staff members to foster a team approach to the highest quality of patient care and staff cooperation.
- Must be able to support the clinic efficiency and cohesion.
Additional Information: Methodist Medical Group is the North Texas physician organization affiliated with Methodist Health System. Established to meet the healthcare needs of North Texas communities, our fast-growing network of providers includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic, and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. Methodist Medical Group employees enjoy not only competitive salaries but also the outstanding benefits package of Methodist Health System, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; a matched retirement plan; an employee wellness program; and more. The opportunities for career growth are equally generous. Our affiliation means being part of an award-winning workplace:
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journa
- 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare nine years in a row by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Military Friendly Employer
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist