State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Patient Relations Nurse
Each Division plays a crucial role in the daily operations of the Medical Center helping to promote the highest level of safety and quality of care. The Patient Relations Representatives are available for patients, family members, nurses, physicians and staff to help resolve concerns, complaints or grievances about care and treatment issues that arise in both inpatient and
outpatient settings.Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 37949BR
Job Summary: Coordinates all aspects of patients' concerns and issues by acting as liaison between the patients and the organization's administration, staff, and physicians to coordinate, investigate, review, respond to and facilitate resolution of patient complaints.
- Coordinates, investigates and facilitates resolution of patient grievances concerning the quality of care and services.
- Whenever possible, meets with patients and families face to face during their episode of care at BIDMC.
- Creates and maintains the patient complaint database.
- Provides resource information concerning Patients' Rights and Responsibilities, Advance Directives, and ethical issues. Refers patients to appropriate services and resources.
- Consults, advises and instructs senior management regarding appropriate approaches for dealing with difficult patient issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required.
- License Registered Nurse required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply