You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
· accept ambiguous circumstances and take action where answers to a problem are not readily apparent
· accept and carry out oral instructions accurately and work independently as well as part of a team within a demanding work environment
· interact with patients, referring physicians, clinic staff, insurance companies, the media, government agencies and other groups in a professional, diplomatic and compassionate manner via the telephone or in person.
· maintain cooperative and collaborative working relationships with administrative, clinical and academic personnel
· manage multiple tasks
· obtain all documentation needed by Physicians for clinic appointments
· use diplomacy and respect confidentiality in sensitive situations
· work in a systematic and efficient manner while in demanding situations
· work in a team environment with organized methods to transfer work projects to others in the team when needed
· working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction
· prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner when there are changes in assignments, pressures of deadlines, and heavy workloads
· medical terminology to communicate effectively with physicians, nurses, and other members of the healthcare community preferred
· patient-related policies and procedures, as well as thorough understanding of the University Health System
· the Hospital System EMR for appointment scheduling and encounter registration preferred
Oral and written communication skills to convey information clearly to patients, faculty and staff.
Writing skills to prepare correspondence from general oral and/or written instructions and edit correspondence for correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Maintain a safe patient environment.
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered