PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN - POSTPARTUM
In this highly technical, fast-paced, and challenging position, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for our patients. The Patient Care Technician professional assists with patient care to provide support services to the patient, nursing unit, and professional staff.
Your Job Requirements:
- Graduate from a certified nursing assistant program or certified medical assistant program
- Or 1 year experience as a nursing assistant in a comparable healthcare facility
- Or nursing student who documents completion of the first semester of the nursing program
- Or documented military experience as a medic/corpsman
- Or foreign nursing graduate not currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the U.S.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS card required
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly and openly
- Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
- Be accountable for your performance
- Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
- Take initiative for your professional growth
- Be engaged and eager to build a winning team
Additional Information: Methodist Richardson Medical Center is a 284-bed, full-service hospital that serves Richardson, Garland, Plano, and the surrounding areas in Dallas and Collin counties. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence, it was the first healthcare facility to earn the Texas Award for Performance Excellence, patterned after the renowned Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. We also provide care at Methodist Richardson Medical Center – Campus for Continuing Care, which offers a behavioral health and addiction recovery unit, inpatient rehabilitation and long-term acute care, a full-service emergency department, and more. Methodist Richardson strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
- Magnet®-designated hospital
- First in the nation to earn The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Pancreatic/Hepatic/Biliary Cancer Certification
- ANCC Pathway to Excellence® Program
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center certified by The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association
- American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Receiving Center Gold Plus, 2019
- Certified Quality Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
- Robotic da Vinci® Surgical System for minimally invasive procedures
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist