PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN NEUROLOGY / PULMONARY FEATURED
In this highly technical, fast-paced, and challenging position, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for our patients. The Patient Care Technician professional assists with patient care to provide support services to the patient, nursing unit, and professional staff.
Your Job Requirements:
- Graduate from a certified nursing assistant program or certified medical assistant program
- Or 1 year experience as a nursing assistant in a comparable healthcare facility
- Or nursing student who documents completion of the first semester of the nursing program
- Or documented military experience as a medic/corpsman
- Or foreign nursing graduate not currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the U.S.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS card required
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly and openly
- Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
- Be accountable for your performance
- Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
- Take initiative for your professional growth
- Be engaged and eager to build a winning team
Additional Information: Methodist Charlton Medical Center is a 301-bed, full-service, teaching hospital that serves the communities of Cedar Hill, DeSoto, Duncanville, and Lancaster in southwestern Dallas County. With a new 40,000-square-foot, $71 million emergency department expansion planned, our busy, growing hospital features a newly renovated intensive care unit and a Level III Advanced Trauma Center. Among other distinctions, we have been recognized for our interventional cardiology services including cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, open heart surgery, and STEMI care; stroke care; hip and knee joint replacement services; women and children's services; and more. Methodist Charlton strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve -- one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we've earned:
- Journey to Magnet Excellence® hospital
- Level III Advanced Trauma Facility
- Grade A Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group®
- Accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission for heart attack, heart failure, chest pain, stroke, pneumonia, surgery, perinatal care, and knee and hip joint replacement
- Chest Pain – MI Registry™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award by the American College of Cardiology for excellence in heart attack care.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist