PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN - EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
In this highly technical, fast-paced, and challenging position, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for our patients. The Patient Care Technician professional assists with patient care to provide support services to the patient, nursing unit, and professional staff.
Your Job Requirements:
- Graduate from a certified nursing assistant program or certified medical assistant program
- Or 1 year experience as a nursing assistant in a comparable healthcare facility
- Or nursing student who documents completion of the first semester of the nursing program
- Or documented military experience as a medic/corpsman
- Or foreign nursing graduate not currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the U.S.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS card required
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly and openly
- Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
- Be accountable for your performance
- Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
- Take initiative for your professional growth
- Be engaged and eager to build a winning team
Additional Information: Methodist Dallas Medical Center is one of North Texas’ best places to work. And it just gets better. Magnet® designated for nursing excellence and the flagship hospital of Methodist Health System, Methodist Dallas is a 556-bed teaching and referral hospital and home to one of only three Level I Trauma Centers in Dallas County. We are a certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and have highly rated adult liver, kidney, and pancreas transplant programs. Celebrating more than 90 years of service, Methodist Dallas strives to have a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve — one that is welcoming of the skills and talents of all groups. Our reputation as an award-winning employer shows in the honors we’ve earned:
- Magnet®-designated hospital
- Grade A Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group®
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
- First in the U.S. certified by The Joint Commission for pancreatic surgery and pancreatitis
- First in Texas certified for pancreatic cancer
- Hip and knee joint replacement programs certified by The Joint Commission
- Chest Pain – MI Registry™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award by the American College of Cardiology for excellence in heart attack care.
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist