PATIENT CARE TECH-E800 M/S
Job ID: 81906
Area of Interest: Nursing Support
Location: Cheverly,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F, Weekends and Holidays 8p-8a
Job Facility: University of Maryland Capital Region
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
niversity of Maryland Capitol Region Health is an integrated not-for-profit, community-owned organization comprised of two hospitals and several other healthcare facilities providing comprehensive, quality healthcare services to the residents of Prince George’s County, Maryland and surrounding areas. Both hospitals within University of Maryland Capitol Region Health have been recognized by U.S. News & World Report. University of Maryland Capitol Region Health is the largest healthcare system headquartered in Prince George’s County. Facilities: Bowie Health Campus, Family Health and Wellness Center, Glenridge Medical Center, Laurel Regional Hospital and Prince George’s Hospital Center. Mission: To provide comprehensive health care of the highest quality to residents and others who use our services while strengthening our relationship with universities, research and healthcare organizations to ensure best-in-class patient care.
Provides safe, effective and efficient patient care as directed by assigned licensed nurse.
- Assists with obtaining basic patient information as part of the nursing history or ongoing assessment and reports abnormal values to the appropriate nurse.
- Orients patients to the care environment to promote patient comfort and safety.
- Observes and reports obvious physical and emotional patient changes to assigned nurse.
- Monitors patients for special risks and reports observations to assigned nurse (i.e., falls, skin breakdown).
- Makes regular patient visits to provide all patients with quick response to their needs.
- Seeks guidance and direction in prioritizing multiple demands to effectively meet patient’s needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served in the assigned work area. Recognizes normal/abnormal vital sign parameters depending on age of patient.
- Documents completely and accurately according to the unit and division standards, including safety measures.
- Remains calm and effective in emergency situations and follows appropriate guidelines.
- Performs and completes all assigned skills and duties as outlined care plans, critical pathways, competencies, skills lists, standards, policies and procedures.
- Operates and maneuvers patient care equipment safely.
- Initiates equipment to ensure patient safety (bed alarm, side rails, trapeze, and restraints).
- Uses proper body mechanics to safely transfer and move patients.
- Practices infection control procedures and observes Standard Precautions (including appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment).
- Demonstrates knowledge of role in emergency situations (Code 99, Code Red, Code 13, Code D).
- Maintains area of responsibility in neat and orderly condition. (Patient rooms are neat and uncluttered, etc.)
- Stocks and returns equipment and supplies to proper storage area.
- Reports broken and unsafe equipment to appropriate personnel and/or Department Manger.
- May be required to perform Unit Clerk activities as needed.
What You Need to Be Successful:
High school graduate or equivalent or certificate from structured program.
Completion of first clinical year of NLN-approved nursing program
- Licensed as a Certified Nursing Assistant
Ability to work cooperatively with patients, staff and physicians under the direction of an RN.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on